“A wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Royston, United Kingdom
“A wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have just returned from a four night stay at the Nobis and we could not speak more highly of it. The hotel is in an excellent location - in walking distance of the main shopping street, on the tram line out to Djurgarden (with the Vasa museum and Skansen open-air museum) as well as being close to one of the quays (although wrong time of year for the boat trips).

Our room was very nice overlooking the Normalmstorg square - we wondered how noisy it would be given some of the other reviews but we didn't have any problems at all. My in-laws were with us and had a courtyard room which was also very good

The staff on reception were always helpful and gave us lots of help with where to go etc, In particular Adam was really good - he found us a different restaurant each evening - all served fantastic Swedish food so we were very pleased with the service.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After good shopping and a nice lunch in Vau de Ville restaurant, my husband and I decided to spend an evening in Nobis hotel. Amazing staff at the reception gave us a great room overlooking Norrmalmstorg with big Christmas tree. Room was medium size, but very nice and it had all we needed, with good mini bar selection for our taste. Breakfast was not big, but all the food was top class and the restaurant looked really elegant. We really enjoyed it a lot and we plan to come here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a very good hotel. The gym is well appointed albeit a little small and the rooms are a good size particularly the suites! Breakfast is tasty and their coffee excellent. My one recommendation is don't arrive too tired as the bar is lively!

Room Tip: Stay higher up and look over the square.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your feedback!

Glad you tried out our gym and hope you had time to enjoy the steam and dry sauna as well. Breakfast is very important to us with plenty of organic products and fresh juices. The bar is very much a liked hangout for the people of Stockholm as well as hotel guests so its absolutely worth a visit!

Hoping to have you back soon and wishing a Merry Christmas!

Rome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel located in a beautiful building and in a central location close to all the attractions and served by all public transport.
The room was beautiful and spacious (we had a king deluxe) with a living area and a nice view. Very comfortable bed, large bathroom with tub and shower, new and equipped with all comforts.
Excellent cleaning. Staff very polite and efficient. At the reception they gave us all the information about the city and made us find our luggage already settled into the room.
Good breakfast with availability of gluten-free bread.
On the ground floor there is a bistro, a restaurant (which we did not try) and a very nice lounge bar.
Good value-for-money.
If I went back to Stockholm (I loved this city), I would choose this hotel again. Absolutely recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with street view
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sandra,

Thank you ever so much for your lovely review!

Its a real pleasure reading your comments and your recommendations.

I very much hope to have you back at Nobis Hotel soon again!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I love the Nobis for both style and location. There's a great cocktail bar and you get a brilliant breakfast too.
It therefore pains me to give it such a low score, since every other time I've stayed here I've given it top marks. The problem was the room. We booked a superior room, but compared to other times I've stayed it wasn't at all superior. There was 1 extra armchair (not armchairs as advertised) and the wall lamp was so low you couldn't sit in it anyway. The bed was also in an alcove so that one of us had to climb over the other to get out of bed. Half of the towels in our bathroom were threadbare and the beautiful leaf cut vitra sink was replaced by a normal white basin. I know it doesn't sound like much, but the whole point of staying in a 5 star design hotel is to get those little touches.
As soon as we got into our room we called reception who were really apologetic and said that although there were no free rooms on the first night, we could move in the morning, so we went to bed happy. However when we went to reception the next morning and after lots of huffing they said we'd have to pay to move, which is pretty cheeky! I got the impression that the manager was insulted that we thought the room wasn't so great.
Our room was on the top (5th) floor, so I guess when you're in the roof it's just not as nice as on other floors. So disappointing after so many great stays here.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for your review!

We work continuosly to improve our hotel and service so I am grateful for your comments! The layout of this 19th-century building makes the rooms slighty different however the look and feel should not differ. The quality of our linen and towels are highly important to us and something we usually get good feedback from so I will make sure we double check them all one extra time. I will also look into what happened when you asked to change room as customer service and looking after your needs should always be our number one priority.

I hope you will be back again so we can restore your positive view of the hotel!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here with friends for a long weekend in Stockholm and booked a deluxe room for the 3 nights - below are the positives and negatives of the place:

Positives:

1) The location is central, there are loads of restaurants and bars nearby and it's only a 15 minute walk to the old city.
2) The bar: this hotel has a great cocktail bar where the drinks are excellent and the service impeccable - I suggest you work your way through the cocktail menu during your stay.
3) Breakfast - was included in our room rate and was actually a pretty good buffet affair.
4) The staff - from reception, to the bar to the restaurant I found them excellent.

Negatives:
1) As I said I booked a deluxe room and it was on the small side with a very tight bathroom (shower only), don't know what the Standard rooms would have been like... Having said that the bed was comfortable and the room was very clean.
2) I had a room on the first floor at the back of the hotel which was overlooking a road (not a busy one). If you're bothered by noise at night (I luckily am not) then this room would present you with a problem, it was really surprising how much noise managed to penetrate the double glazing and walls but at night the bars and music were very audible and in the morning it was the bin men picking up the glass recycling from the night before. A couple of the others had rooms facing into the centre of the building (overlooking a big internal atrium) which were quieter at night but they were woken up early each morning by kids playing. It is telling that in the bathroom earplugs are provided along with the expected shampoo and shower gel, in short, I'd recommend a room on a high floor!

So if your OK with the night time volume then this hotel has a great location, bar and staff and is certainly a good base if you want to explore this great city for a few days.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for a very detailed review!

Happy to see you enjoyed our location, food and beverage outlets and service! Even though we have a very central location, we are fortunate not having much trouble with noise from the outside however I understand and apologise for your disturbance.

We have rooms facing a variety of views so hopefully you will be back and try another side next time.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently spent 3 nights at Nobis. It is Just the most wonderful hotel. Beautiful, stylish, wonderful rooms and restaurant and bar. The staff are very friendly, welcoming and always happy. The location is perfect for shopping and sight seeing - very easy to explore from. This was my 3rd stay at Nobis and I will be back again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your feedback!

Returning guests are always a positive sign we are taking good care of our guests so thank you for your loyalty! There is so much to explore in the city so looking forward having you back soon again!

Andreas Cavallius

Been to Nobis Hotel? Share your experiences!