Stayed here for a couple of nights for a work trip, picked the hotel based on Trip Advisor. The location is super central, a big advantage, close to most everything that matters.
The hotel appears to be an older building that has been renovated and updated. That lends it some charm, but also leads to some limitations due to the older layout and design. The overall decor was very nice!
The room was modern with a minimalistic style often found in this part of the world. While it was reasonably spacious, the layout was for sure a bit awkward, I presume due to it being an old building.The bed was comfortable, all the other amenites were pretty standard. Did notice the lack of a tea/coffee machine.
There were some issues I noted, basically a case of "form does not follow function"? For instance:
- A large "cool" looking sofa in the room, but no luggage shelf?
- The soap tray in the shower had no water drainage, it would fill up each time.
- The main front entrance has two series of steps, difficult to drag suitcases up.
- The floor seemed a bit thin, could hear noises from the people above.
Used the gym/sauna, which was well equipped. Ate at the lounge/coffe shop, the sandwich was excellent. Spent some time in the evening at the bar, it was busy and had a rather trendy crowd.
The staff was very helpful and polite always.
Despite the small issues, it was still a good stay, will likely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stockholm’s new contemporary hotelOccupying a prime spot at Norrmalmstorg square, the single most central and attractive location in downtown Stockholm, Nobis Hotel is an independent, 201-room first class hotel. Nobis Hotel is a new center stage of Sweden’s Royal Capital, defining our own personal sense of luxury — one that is modern, elegant and extremely comfortable, but also ethically sound, warm and moderate, providing our guests with true value for their money in a stylish and pleasant setting designed by award-winning architects Claesson Koivisto Rune. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Despegar.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Nobis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.