“Stay in this hotel only if you really don't have any other chance” 2 of 5 stars
Review of First Hotel Kungsbron

You added First Hotel Kungsbron to your Saves list
First Hotel Kungsbron
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vastra Jarnvagsgatan 17, Stockholm 111 64, Sweden (Norrmalm)   |
Ranked #102 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Herzeliya
“Stay in this hotel only if you really don't have any other chance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The only good point about this hotel is its location - near the Central Station, Arlanda express, Flygbussarna etc
We knew that the rooms are without windows, but we expected some kind of normal a/c or fan... nothing! The room was for two, but it was stated that extra bed may be added (we needed it for our 7-years kid). The bed is actually the mattress to put on the floor and when it was placed there was almost no possibility to open the bathroom door or room door.
About luggage - there is almost no place to store it.
So we were happy that we have to spend only one night in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Roma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We do not suggest the Kungsbron hotel because of the following points:
- rooms withouth windows are located in the basament, under the ground floor.
- there is not any croissant in the morning.
- if you ask an additional bed, you will sleep on the floor !!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was a little sceptical about this hotel because I had booked a room without a window. However, when I arrived to my room I was surprised to see that it has a very good design and it doesn't make you feel claustrophobic at all. The room and bathrooms were clean, however, there is no closed shower. The bathroom was this weird design, you just close a curtain and open the shower and it falls directly in front of the toilet. This makes showers uncomfortable and obviously all the bathroom gets wet. On the other hand, they have a wide range of TV channels! I would recommend this hotel if you are a budget traveller, seeking for good location and a good price-quality relation! PS: the rooms are never ready before 3pm but they provide with a space to save your luggage.

Room Tip: Be sure to check if your room has window.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mauritius
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had thoroughly read all the reviews abt this hotel because doing my booking.This hotel was appealing because it was reasonably priced compared to others in the same area.Also I had never experienced a windowless room and I like to try new things.I must say overall I was quite happy with my decision.The hotel is just across the street from where the bus from the airport leaves you (I.e. in front of the central train station) 2 mins to reach the hotel.Also the area is near everything.I took the decision not to take the metro to go to museums..etc and do everything by walking.Djurgaden where you can find Wasa and Abba museums is some 20/25 mins by foot,Gamla Stan abt 15 mins by foot as well as City Hall and the areas where you can take boats to the archipelago.Staff at the hotel are cold but professional(I find that to be the case with Swedes in general).They are not the smiling,warm type but deliver the job beautifully. So I was not taken aback by the coldness but as long as my checkin and checkout were done seamlessly I was happy.Now the room - it is indeed small but clean and in my opinion was ok for 1 person.The furniture in the room were quite new so as was the bathroom which was additionally spotless.I have been in hotel rooms in France far more expensive which looked outdated and had broken appliances - no such thing here.I was fine with the windowless thing.It was pretty cold (around 12/13 degrees)in Stockholm (not too cold I know but I live in a tropical island),so it was nice to c one back to a warm room.Though if you are claustrophobic or cannot stand warmth then may be the windowless room though reasonably priced is not a recommended option.One thing I thought amusing was the elevator - you have to keep your finger the whole time pressed on the button until you reach your level.If not the elevator stops halfway.All in all if on a budget I would go back to this hol.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Vilnius
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I usually do not pay much heed to the moods and graces of the receptionists, but at Kungsbron it was somewhat exceptional. In all my experience I have never seen such a sour-faced young lady -oh, maybe only in olden times in unlamented Soviet Union where staff rudeness was notorious. I had distinct impression that we were not guests at the hotel, but unwanted intruders who had interrupted something interesting and pleasant.
Windowless room was not a shock to me, I knew what to expect. And, apparently, the ventilation has improved since the last visitors, because though it was warm outdoors, the room was not stuffy at all. Actually, the room was a pleasant surprise, as it was spacey enough and very clean, as was bathroom. We did not have breakfast, so I can’t comment on that.
Adding to unpleasant things, there was everlasting (or so it seemed) clutter of cleaners’ trolleys in the maze of narrow corridors, so that you got stuck with your luggage in the morning, early and late afternoon. Though, one has to admit, the cleaners, contrary to the receptionists, were nice, smiley and apologetic. Another thing is elevator, to operate which you had to spend some time reading instructions (naturally, no-one bothered to come up and offer an explanation).

Room Tip: If you never had experience in a windowless room, take care when booking for more than one night
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Malmo, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was stayed for 3 days and 2 nights and my first impression was ruined since I need to wait 2hrs before I got my room in 3.30pm. After I got my key and go to the room my impression was even worst. It just like a small room in a bunker, no window, no ventilation, at all.
The wifi service is acceptable and its for free. The breakfast was ordinary, but it taste good.
The good thing is this hotel is near to the central station and that's it, nothing more.
You better think really carefully to choose this hotel, especially if you have a breathing problem or a closterphobic. If there is no other option, perhaps you can pick the room with window, at least there's some air circulates in your room.

Room Tip: Rooms with windows are highly recommended!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

A friend and I booked a twin room (two single beds) for one night at Kungsbron Hotel for a weekend trip to Stockholm. Whilst we were pleased with the location and good accessibility to the Central Station, the hotel has some areas for major improvement.

Let me start with the hotel reception staff: they were generally rude and entirely unhelpful. Asking for directions was met with hostility and disregard. In particular, hotel reception clerk, Yvette, had a totally unprofessional and rude demeanor throughout our stay. She argued with me when I asked for directions to Old Town saying "it was impossible to get lost". From observation, she a is very impatient and hostile person who should not be working in a hospitality role. Other hotel staff were not as rude, however still incompetent and had no knowledge of Stockholm's sights, etc. Upon asking about how to get to Djurgarden which is a highly popular and well known park and gardens with museums, etc., we were told by reception staff "I don't really know about anything in Stockholm, check with the tourist office". And finally, when asking for simple directions via the Metro to one of Stockholm's other well known sights, reception staff directed us to an area outside the city and we had absolutely no idea where we were. Needless to say, one would expect hotel staff to be knowledgeable about directions and general sightseeing information. Don't expect that at this hotel. You will be on your own!

Next the room itself. Like may other reviewers, our room was located below ground in windowless room. We didn't think this would be an issue until we checked in and noticed how hot and uncomfortable the room's temperature felt. Be aware that in summertime this can be quite uncomfortable and the rooms can get very stuffy. On the plus side, the bathroom was nice, clean and spacious. Also, the beds were comfortable, and there was a large high quality television in the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to First Hotel Kungsbron? Share your experiences!