“Amazing location yummy ice cream!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kaffekoppen

Kaffekoppen
Stortorget 18-20, Stockholm, Sweden (Södermalm)
08-20 31 70
Improve this listing
Ranked #355 of 2,128 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: Södermalm
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing location yummy ice cream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We wondered into the square and fancied a drink decided to grab a lovely wicket seat in the evening sun. We had a mug of tea each and the blueberry ice cream. We were pleasantly surprised by the massive blueberry dream topped with whipped cream blueberries in syrup and white chocolate peices! It was delicious!
The location of this cafe is amazing right in the heart of the old town, brilliant for people watching and soaking up the atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Brisbane, Australia
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Only had coffee here but so scenic looking out over the Square. And the Chai Latte was in a bowl. Amazing.

Visited June 2013
Stockholm
“Good location indeed, bad service, mediocre food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Very lovely place to sit in, with view of the square. That's all! A big tourist trap.

It took more than 10 mins for us to get the meny, 5 more mins to get our orders, and another 10 mins to deliver first of our orders. Not that bad. Read further please, if you may.

There were 3 of us who ordered one hot meal each and two desserts. Guess what, they served the cinnamon bun and Apple pie first. My friend accepted his cinnamon bun, while i asked if i could have my Chicken pie first before the dessert. The waitress left with the apple pie and another waitress later returned with the other orders. Guess what was given to me first? The apple pie. Again! That was the time i showed My frustration. I asked for My Chicken pie. The waitress in her own irritated voice pointed out that she has the chicken pie. Why do they serve main dish at the same time as dessert. In the case of My friend, he got dessert before main dish. How are the staff thinking. Is that the order of how they eat?

The Chicken pie was not delicious at all. I did not even eat half of My Apple pie because it was already cold. Swedish Apple pie are served hot with vanilla sauce.

I Will never ever return to this place. It is not cheap, staff makes mistakes and do not know how to say sorry for it, servings very small, mediocre taste of food.... I think I know why they are how they are. It is meant for tourists and tourist Will never return. I am not a tourist in Stockholm, and I Will never return to this place. There are better, much better places in Stockholm's Old Town.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing Hot Chocolate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I went here with friends in December to escape from the cold and snow. It was one of the wisest decisions we made during our time in Stockholm. We each had a hot chocolate, available in white and milk, it came in a really big ceramic mug which was a good start. It was of the nicest hot chocolates I have ever had, if it wasn't so big I would have certainly gotten another. In addition to the hot chocolate we enjoyed a piece of blueberry pie which was also very satisfying. The service was really good and it was really warm and cozy inside. I would definitely recommend this to anyone!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best location of Gamla Stan and lovely food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

On a spring day the terrace was stuffed, always a good sign. People were using the restaurants fleece blankets to keep a bit warm.
But when you got the food you know why it is that busy.
Awesome chocolate cake and my girlfriend had the carrot cake. Both delicious! So tasteful and well baked!
Portion is big, so you can enjoy it for a long time while enjoying the view on the little square in the old city.

Staff is serving at both terraces, so it is exactly the same as Chokladkoppen.

• Visited April 2013