“Pong Asian "Restaurant" Sushi - the worst in Stockholm” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pong Asian Restaurang

Pong Asian Restaurang
Klara Tvargrand 3, Stockholm 11152, Sweden (Norrmalm)
+46-8-440 02 08
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Pong Asian Restaurang is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #873 of 2,177 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
“Pong Asian "Restaurant" Sushi - the worst in Stockholm”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

It is hard to express my disappointment with this place. As a sister restaurant to the Pong Asian Restaurant, the Sushi Bar just right at the next corner definitely doesn't deliver.

Just one day while wandering around the city we decided to step in. I ordered one of the mixed dishes and my partner ordered chicken with cashew nuts.

Not long after placing the order, we heard the distinctive ping of a MICROWAVE! My beef was dry and burned with the worst flavour possible, with the added issue of being rubbery as a result of being heated in a microwave. The rice was old and bland. My sushi was not fresh at all and it stank of old fish, especially the salmon. If you have ever been in Sweden, you will know that salmon is the easiest thing to get fresh here.

The cashew nut chicken had an okay flavour, but was also heated up in a microwave, and was not even hot all the way through - just mildly warm.

Service? Practically non-existent. The one member of staff chatted with her friend the whole time rather than do a decent job of preparing proper food and giving acceptable service.

After a very disappointing experience, we left the establishment still hungry as it was not possible to finish our meal. However, there was more too come as both of us started to feel very unwell - stomach pains and nausea. We stopped by a supermarket on the way home and it got to a point where we had to give up shopping halfway through as we could not continue with the stomach pains.

Lesson learned. I would never recommend it. As well as me, my friends had a similar experience. I just wish they had told me before I went there and wasted my money and risked my health.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Tyreso, Sweden
“Buffet evening meal - something for everyone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

With one vegetarian, 2 needing gluten-free and three needing laktose-free food in our group of 6, we decided that this buffet would fit everyone - which it did! The beer on offer was OK, the bottle of Pinot Grigio some of us shared was fine too, and suited the sushi and Thai food much better than I'd expected.
Eating and paying for things is quicker than normal (useful if you've not that much leeway before your film/concert or whatever) The food was perhaps a bit over-salty, but there were lots of dishes on offer and I enjoyed all the ones I tried.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sønderborg
“Just another low budget low experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

From the positive reviews on Tripadvisor we chose to go here for dinner - but regret it now.
The service was awful: Primarily because of the grumpy waiter who couldn't wait for us to get seated so he could leave us again + didn't do any cocktails at all (it says restaurant & bar on the outside, and there are cocktails in the menu) + in the end he made us pay for an other table and didn't really apologize or compensate.
The food was like any other low budget asian buffet: You can always find something you like - but the overall impression is low quality of food.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Italy
“Sometimes boring is better than full risque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

It is not a coincident, that swedes loves Thai Kitchen! We found the place (despite in the pedestrian/touristic cow milking-zone) boring in the visual aspects but very professional with (yes,again boring ) asian buffet (fix price)so attracting,we went twice !!!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good lunch!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Really good lunch and generous portion. Good selection. Very worth a visit for lunch. The one I went to was in a mall and had traditional Swedish food in addition to Asian food.

• Visited June 2013