“Happy returning customer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eken Bar & Matsal

Eken Bar & Matsal
Guldgrand 8 | Hilton Stockholm Slussen Hotel, Stockholm 104 65, Sweden (Södermalm)
+46 851735336
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Södermalm
“Happy returning customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Great experience every single time, both on the bar and restaurant. Relaxing atmosphere, great service. Ask for a table overlooking the old town, the view is nice at night

Visited April 2013

90% Recommend
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Really great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I ate here twice in June 2012 because I was staying in the Hilton Hotel of which this is the restaurant and bar. The first time, not expecting that much from a hotel restaurant, I loped in and was met by very friendly staff who quickly seated me by the window (which is a lovely view as the sun goes down).

The menu isn't extensive and the food descriptions aren't as wordy and pretentious as many restaurants these days, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But when the food arrived, well I was simply delighted with how it looked and how it tasted! The dining experience is really quite up-market and the meal was simply excellent. I really do recommend it and you could happily visit as a lone traveller, romantic couple or business group.

I visited again the following evening this time with eager anticipation and was not disappointed. It's worth noting that the restaurant stays open late (until 11pm) which is ideal if you arrive at the hotel late evening.

Moving from the restaurant into the adjacent bar, the atmosphere is nice and it's a great place to people-watch and have a relaxing after-dinner drink.

Highly recommend! As with everything in Stockholm though, not cheap!

• Visited June 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent service. Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Enjoyed a dinner with a good friend at the Eken Bar, located at the premises of Hilton Hotel. I was surprised over the services we received. Top knotch, our waiter Milos really made us feel like the guest on his service all felt special. The food quality is good, the price is ok, a bit on the expensive side, but not overpriced. We ended up staying all evening since we enjoyed the food and service so much. I can really say it is worth a try.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NL/SWE/BE
“"Great for a night in - but rather expensive (as with most hotel restaurants)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton hotel, and being pregnant, was far to tired to go out for dinner. We decided to stay at the hotel, and give the hotel restaurant a try. It was very good, had a good menu (even offering a children's menu), but was on the pricy side.
I had meatballs with the proper trimmings, my partner had veal and my little sister who was travelling with us had a children's portion of meatballs. I loved my dish of home-made meatballs, rustic mashed potato, and what seemed to be a home-made lingonberry-sauce as well. I did taste my partner's veal, and that too was very well cooked. If it wasn't for the price, I would most likely come back. But saying that, if I ever find myself at the hotel again, and too tired to leave, I will visit them again. The service, as with the reception-staff, was very good.

• Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious birthday dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We ate dinner in the Eken restaurant to celebrate a special birthday.
It was a beautiful evening and we had a lovely table by the window.
Food was delicious,we sampled the Swedish meatballs,steak,salmon and fish soup.
The kind gentleman in charge of our table was such a delightful chap.
His customer service and the way he looked after us was excellent.

• Visited August 2012