“Do not go there!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bamboo City

Bamboo City
Drottninggatan 28, Stockholm 111 51, Sweden (Norrmalm)
08 - 24 36 55
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,626 of 2,123 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
“Do not go there!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

My cousin & I were looking for a place to eat, and I was in a big rush to go to the bathroom. So while she waited for us to be seated, I rushed in to use the toilet...an elder man (manager? Bartender?) stopped me & told me that I can't go to the toilet unless I pay (!). I explained to him that we are there to eat, but he grabbed me by the arm, squeezed my arm and dragged me to the front door, showed me a urinal (men's urinal, and i am a woman) across the street, and told me that either I pay 20sek to use "his" toilet or I can go to the urinal for free. I have never been so offended in my life. Bamboo City, you are lucky I didn't call the police and press charges of harassment against you.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Jyvaskyla, Finland
“Good value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place is very popular for all ages. Mongolian BBQ was a little disapointment no spices availlable and cleannliness of cooking station was not so Swedish, sushi buffee was ok aswell as Asian(=Chinese?) food buffee. Desert table was also quite ok. But anyhow price is reasonable and location is great.

Visited March 2013
London
“What a mistake”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

On a holiday there's always that one place you which you had not eaten at this was ours. In our defence it was freezing and didn't look to bad from outside. Basically the food is bad, the place is filthy dirty and we just should have given it a miss. If I had visited the toilets before eating I would have given eating a miss but sadly it was the other way around. There are plenty of other excellent options in Stockholm so don't bother with this one. If you are near it walk on and go to the Polpette restaurant the next block up and a million times nicer.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“STAY AWAY!!! Dirty and rude!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The buffet claims to be Mongolian but it is not! The problem is that it is not clean at all - neither the buffet nor the restaurant! You are greeted by the waiters with their hands in their pockets and tooth picks in their mouths. The "service" is just horrible. Take your money (and your family and friends) to a place that deserves it!! This is one of the worst places that I have ever been to - and I have been to many...

Orebro, Sweden
“Eat as much as you can for lunch Buffe` 99 Swedish Kronor only”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

When my wife and I came to Stockholm,we came across this Chinese restaurant at Sveavägen just opposite the site where the Swedish prime-minister Olof Palme who was murdered 28 Feb,1986. It served a lunch buffe`for only 99 Swedish kronor(skr) per head and one can choose different Chinese & Japanese cuisines. Food was okay and the atmosphere was pleasant. Service was okay. Stockholm is an expensive city and eating in a restaurant should cost at least over 120 skr or aprox. U.S.$20. So I would recommend this restaurant if one prefers a presentable one with reasonable price.

• Visited August 2012