Nowhere close to real tapas, and you might even have better tapas in your home city, but the location is awesome, staff very upbeat, and you can tell the cooks are trying.
Pros: Excellent location in Gamla Stan, ambience, good selection of wines, helpful and cheerful staff.
Cons: Quality of the Sangria and the Tapas themselves.
Summary - great location for a nice drink and a quick tapas
For the cooks ... if you guys read this stuff ... please read on ...
- Patatas Bravas is missing the bravas, and is just potatoes and aoili.
- Pulpo a la Gallega is missing the potato, pimenton, and the pulpo skin peels as it didnt rest for 5-10 minutes in the water after cooking
- Pan con Tomate was possibly the least successful dish. It needs garlic, better tomatoes, olive oil, and needs to lose the very hard pieces of Maldon salt that overpowers everything
- Calamares Fritos has way too batter, and it drowns the subtlety and flavour
- Sangria tasted like a bar mix, with very little wine, and only had oranges. You could easily make this in large portions and serve as needed. It doesn't need to be exactly like real Sangria, and you can add a Swedish twist ... but it has to resemble Sangria in some way.
If you own or manage Cafe/restaurant Tabac, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.