“Very good” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I spent my first night in Stockholm having dinner here, and I have to say that the place was beautiful from the moment I walked in. The waiter that served us was very polite and never got in the way, arriving at the right timing without being pushy, nor absolutely impossible to find.
We ordered one main course each, and we were starving; having the pork knuckle served was enough to kill my hunger until lunch the next day; the whole meal was delicious.
It wasn't incredibly expensive, but for a student, having to spend 270 SEK on a single course meal, it's not ideal; but given the quality and the place, probably it was worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
“poor service, ridiculously expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

unfortunately, there is not much too add to the title of my review..
i went there for a dinner with a quite large group of people. bad organization, and extremely unflexible to meet our needs. food really disappointing: very small portions, not very good neither. poor service, and unreasonably expensive.
definetely not recommended.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Stockholm, Sweden
“The terrible service overshadowed the good food and atmosphere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Honestly, some people need to learn some manners before start working in such places:

1) I do not need someone to treat me like a kid. Believe me if I need the towel on my legs I could do it myself, and you should not throw it on me like a basic condition to start my dinner.
2) If I want to share 1 salad and starter with more than 1 person is my own choice. "Here is Sweden we don't do these kind of things, we order our individual dishes"... Seriously ???
3) If I want to buy a drink, water is more than enough. There is nowhere a rule that I have to buy also your super-expensive drinks.
4) If I want to "play" with my self-phone the whole night, is out of your business. Unbelievable...
5) Seriously ??? Were you expecting a tip ? I prefer to give it to the guy in Pressbyran, who is much more kind and friendly ...

However, the food was really nice with a very good proportion. I found it a bit more salty, but this is just my personal impression.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Long but worthwhile wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Trendy bar and old school beer hall seems like an odd combo but it works. We had to wait about 90 min in the very crowded bar and were about to give up when they called our table. Once in the restaurant part the atmosphere completely changed and was old school charming. The waiter was perfectly old and crusty, addeding to the charm. I had the most wonderful dumplings. I would go back to Stockholm just for them.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“Nice surroundings but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The restaurant itself is lovely and cosy, with very nice decor. We had to wait in the adjoining bar for over an hour before a table was available, but there was a great selection of craft beers and great music so we were happy to wait! The main event was disappointing in the end; I chose the lax dish which turned out to be literally a pile of cold smoked salmon on a plate with a slice of lemon! It was served with some luke-warm, under-seasoned dill potatoes, and that was it! This cost the equivalent of roughly 24 euro which was terribly over-priced in my opinion. My boyfriend fared slightly better with his elk, again served ice-cold, but it at least came with some tasty gratin potatoes. All in all, I would consider this place to be over-rated. If I had to go back, I would opt for the meatballs, as everyone else appeared to - they were a decent portion, and better value for money.

• Visited November 2013