“Not as good as the reviews point out” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Boras, Sweden
“Not as good as the reviews point out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Went to Tempo early in the evening. Had to wait for the waiter to bring the menu even though there were not a lot of people there. Food was good but not exceptional. The creme brulee was very tasty. The lavatory was a bit untidy and there was no hot water. It would be nice if guests were offered refreshing tissues when ordering shrimps ( to peel )

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Peasmoldtown
“simple good food, relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I too was drawn here by previous TA reviews, including the specific recommendation for vegetarians. I can only add my voice in support. The food was simple and good, service friendly, and the atmosphere pleasant and relaxed. My only criticism is that the food was slightly on the salty side, but for which i would have automatically added the fifth rating-star. Strongly recommended: the bread - just fabulous, and the melon salad with smoked feta. Even though the cheese was salty (but by definition it should be), the tangy dressing made this an extraordinary combo. I'll definitely be back some day.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic Swedish food introduction by an enthusiastic and knowledgeable waiter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

When we first entered here we were questioning the tripadvisor reviews. Once we told the waiter we needed help translating the menu we were treated to a culinary experience. Instead of an entree we opted for multiple appetizers. The herring was a first for both of us and the the sweet and pickled tones were corralled with the fresh lemon/dill tarter sauce. The veal patty/hamburger patty was full of flavor - almost kin to a veal meat loaf that has been grilled. The smoke shrimp were not easy to peel but the flavor was worth the effort - don't ingnore the lemon aeoli!!! Lastly the pork confit was to die for. Once it hits your taste buds you will understand it is worth the trip. Also, it has to be said: look for the waiter with the tattoos on his arm. One of the best waiters in the world.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Helsinki, Finland
“If you love food, this is your place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We found this little local gem almost by accident and boy, were we happy we did! We visited the restaurant on an evening Sweden was playing their first soccer game in the European Championships so the restaurant was almost empty when we arrived. So glad we had the place for ourselves, because the dishes just kept on coming. We both ate a three-course menu plus desserts with a beer package (instead of wine, totally recommended!) and with all the greetings from kitchen I think we ended up eating six to seven different plates. And they were all delicious. I'm a vegetarian and sometimes eating out is a bit boring with all the mushroom risottos and goat cheese but not in Tempo. The variety of flavours and textures was just delightful.
The service was excellent as well - our waiter knew everything there was to know about the ingredients and techniques used in preparing our food. After three hours or so we left feeling totally satisfied by the experience. I have to say that this was the best meal we had during our 10-day trip to Malmö-Copenhagen-Berlin. And we love eating well.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Quebec
“Sorry about the lack of tip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

My first time In Sweden and I'm confused about when to tip and when not to. At this wine bar, I didn't - and I'm sorry. Next time, I'll know. Because they deserve it. Traveling here on business, I eat out a lot by myself and they made me feel comfortable from the get-go. The food is pretty fantastic, too - I sopped up the remains of a beet salad with bread they bake on the premises. It's. Really. Good.

Visited May 2012