“Terrible "service" or should I say a complete lack of it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Izakaya KOI

Izakaya KOI
Lilla Torg 5, Malmo 21134, Sweden (Gamla Staden)
040-75700
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #147 of 539 Restaurants in Malmo
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Gamla Staden
Malmo, Sweden
“Terrible "service" or should I say a complete lack of it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I don't know what I'm supposed to start with because everything was absolutely horrible with the service. The dinner started outside, after a while the waitress asked if there were just two of us (I said yes), suddenly there was a group of three people sitting next to us at a table for four, even though there was a completely empty table just next to us. Therefore we decided to go inside, all the tables were reserved ( but for some strange reason were just a few occupied when we left) so we where asked to sit in the bar. When we were about to get seated the waiter told us that we can't sit where we want to and advised us to sit at a specific place. The bar table was a complete mess, full of dirt and no one cared about that. Luckily was the food quite good but I didn't get my complete order at first because someone forgot the rest. If the food hadn't arrived quite quickly we would have left the restaurant because it was a terrible experience.

A totally ignorant group of people with no sense for service at all (except the guy in the bar), I would actually rather have stayed at home and wouldn't go back even if I got paid for the visit.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Malmo, Sweden
“Not place for eat, but great for drink at night!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I live in Malmö and visit lots of places around the city. KOI, this restaurant/night club, was great for sushi/Japanese food... 8 years ago (like around 2004). Now days, the menu is exactly the same but quality is very very poor. If you want to eat sushi look for other new place, the small ones far from Lilla Torg. Here is on other hand you can have a glas of rosé wine during the summer time when the open air area is open. Nice crowd (BUT, lots of drunk kids on Saturdays) and citys smallest dance floor, but still the most "cool" place in Malmö. Wine yes, food no!

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chengdu, China
“Some good some less good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

According to different people I know and the time they have been here, this place can be everything from average to excellent. My own visist have been mostly positive, but for Sweden it can be a bit overpriced, depending on what you order.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen
“Below average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We were there for lunch and had the yakisoba noodles with beef. The beef was dry and the sauce tasted of ketchup. Not particularly exciting. Service was unattentitive (despite half-empty restaurant) but friendly. Location is nice as well, but we will go for something else next time we're in Malmo.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“Discusting Sushi”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

This restaurant serves sushi in such a bad shape that it clearly stale from both smell, looks and taste. Service is moderate and not very enthusiastic and when complaining on the uneaten food they didn't want to compensate. Avoid, there are much better places in Malmö.

• Visited April 2012