“cheaper alternative to staying in Copenhagen” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Hotel Malmo

You added Mercure Hotel Malmo to your Saves list
Mercure Hotel Malmo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stadiongatan 21, Malmo 217 62, Sweden (Formerly Ibis Hotel Malmo)   |
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Malmo
Oviedo, Spain
“cheaper alternative to staying in Copenhagen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Clean confortable rooms. Good quality restaurant. Breakfast is sufficient. Location is not perfect as you need to take a taxi to get to nearest train station. However, it is a very good alternative to the more expensive Copenhagen hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NorseHotels, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Malmo, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Mister Oviedo,

Thank you for choosing Mercure Hotel for your stay in Malmö. We very much appreciate your comments and recommendations, regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel, Malmö. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I can assure you that I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Lutwin Wehr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

i've stayed two nights in this hotel and i gotto say the staff was cooperative and breakfast was so good and special thanks to Erol for looking after us. The hotel also close to malmö stadium. They deserves my highest recommendations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
NorseHotels, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Malmo, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Can Ö,

I am delighted that you had such a pleasant experience at our hotel, and I am very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel, Malmö. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed this hotel back in August 2013 ( 8 - 10), I remeber arriving late at night without luggage as British Airways decided to leave my suitcase behind in Heathrow to pi** me off. The reception/Bar/Night Audit girl was so kind she gave me late snacks, detal care, and everything one needs when BA throws you bag off the flight. I was given a nice clean room, very confortable bed on a high floor. Views from my window was not that exiting but really enough to me wonder

Room Tip: Back in August, receptionist asked me if it was my first stay at this hotel, I said no whihch was tr...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
NorseHotels, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Malmo, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel, Malmö. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with the flight, but I am happy to hear that we managed to do something to ease your situation.

Lutwin Wehr,
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This hotel was previously at Ibis and still has a few traits remaining from that brand and so doesn't quite hit the standard expected of a Mercure in my book.

The hotel is conveniently located near the ring road which was ideal for me as I was making a number of trips away from Malmo, and is only a short drive into the centre of Malmo and only 20 minutes from Copenhagen airport.

I arrived at about 6pm and was kept waiting for about 10 minutes at Reception as there was only one person on duty and she was on the phone! My room was on the 8th floor and had a good view over Malmo. The room itself was a reasonable size but had a chair in it which was obviously too big and was left rather in the middle of the room which seemed very odd. The room was clean although the bed moved quite easily across the wooden floor if you knocked into it!! The wardrobe was small and with not enough hangers. The bathroom was compact but had a reasonable shower (albeit a bit leaky) but no bathmat so the floor got very wet and the towels provided were small and very thin.

The restaurant menu in the evening was quite limited, 3 main dishes which changed everyday, plus burger, steak and salad option. However, the quality of the food was good and the staff were very friendly.

Breakfast was disappointing. It was the usual buffet style with a range of fruit, yoghurts, meats, breads and pastries etc. but the fruit juice was dispensed from a machine and was quite honestly disgusting. Similarly the coffee was also dispensed from a machine and was equally horrid.

All of the staff I met were very friendly and all spoke English which was good since my Swedish is non-existent! The hotel has it's own car park (70SEK per night) although you can park on the street for free if you can find a space. WiFi is free and a good speed.

I would probably stay here again when visiting Malmo as it is very well located but I think some improvement to small details like towels and fruit juice wouldn't go amiss!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
NorseHotels, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Malmo, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Malmö. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Lutwin Wehr

Been to Mercure Hotel Malmo? Share your experiences!