“For my next visit to Lund” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Lundia to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Knut Den Stores Torg 2, Lund 221 04, Sweden   |
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Lund
Singapore, Singapore
“For my next visit to Lund”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was impressed by the presentation of Hotel Lundia on their website and the close location to the Lund C train station is another plus point. Upon check-in, I was glad that a room is available at 11:30am in the morning. However, I was disappointed when I entered the room and discover dull looking furnishing without electric kettle, no iron and iron board, a window which opens to a balcony where there were cigarettes butts all on the ground. I was disappointed but also tired so I did not bother to request for a room change.

When I requested for an electric kettle and borrowed an iron and ironing board, Charles Lindbald helped me search for the items which I needed. He volunteered to come to my room to show me where the iron should be. Of course, he couldn’t find any, just like I couldn’t see any in my assigned room. I used that opportunity to show him my concern with the window which opens to the corridor of cigarettes butts. I told him I wish to open the window to have some air circulation as there is no air conditioning in the room, but with the window facing a common corridor, I will not have privacy and I will be breathing in second hand smoke if I open the window. I then asked for possibility to be moved to a room at the upper floor with more privacy as well as an ironing board. Within 15 minutes, Charles managed to locate another room which suits my needs for the next three days of stay at Hotel Lundia. Thanks to Charles, I am able to have three good night’s sleep, nicely pressed business attires as well as a view of Lund city to greet me when I wake up. Not only did he helped me secure a more appropriate room for me, he gave me advices on currency exchange, locations of places of interest as well as the nearest supermarket. I count myself lucky and fortunate to meet such personable and understanding hotel employee at Lund.

I seldom met such good service at other hotels of similar class. The quality service is what makes Hotel Lundia different from other hotels of the same tier. I would definitely recommend Hotel Lundia to my colleagues and friends.

Room Tip: Select rooms at Level 3 and 4
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here recently visiting our son who is studying in the town. Very comfortable hotel with well designed rooms and bathrooms in great location. Breakfast was varied and excellent quality. Only grievance was the lack of bar facilities over the weekend which was when we were staying. Helpfulness and friendliness of staff more than made up for this with special mention for Sophia. We hope to return to this lovely place.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Right across the street from the train station, the little night life that's left in Lund is all around this hotel.
They've invested heavily on modern design, it's beautiful but that doesn't mean "practical".
I asked them to be changed from room 309 because the bathroom's configuration was just plain dumb. They were very polite and gave me room 406, that one has a proper shower without that ridiculous bathtub. You might want the rooms in the inner part of the building, during the weekends it might be a bit noisy due to the people partying and trains/cars in the area, especially if you have the window open.
I like the hotel, I might stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 309 has a terrible bathroom
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

A gem of a hotel in the centre of Lund close to the station, university, shops, bars etc. Friendly helpful staff, lovely large comfortable clean rooms and a great breakfast - what more could you ask for. Lovely modern bathroom with heated floor and rooms include iron, ironing board, hairdryer, tv, minibar and free internet access. There is also free coffee with machines throughout the hotel where you help yourself. We stayed here on their Parent package and were very impressed at the low room rate including breakfast for our student son too. Would highly recommend this hotel and wil stay again if we go back to Lund.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

The location is fantastic, just a few hundred meters from the train station, but far enough away not to not hear the trains. It is also within walking distance of Lund University. The hotel staff was veryy friendly and helpful. The hotel and rooms are very modern and clean with a comfortable bed, shower, sink and toilet. Several good restaurants and shops are within close walking distance. The continental breakfast was good with including eggs and bacon - the yogurt was some of the best I have ever had. I will definitely plan on staying here again upon my next trip to Lund.

Room Tip: Rooms are cozy, but feel roomy.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Hotel_Lundia, Receptionschef at Hotel Lundia, responded to this review, March 19, 2015
Dear Jeff T-

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and thank you for your kind words about our staff. We have a great team at our hotel both at the front desk and in our restaurant. Very welcome next time you visit Lund.

Nina Lund
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

The hotel location was perfect. The room was good quality with very good bathroom. Very good breakfast and good service. This is very good quality(as it usually is in scandinavia) witn no complaints at all. One of the better ones that i have been to for business trips for while.

No "extra luxury" services though, didn't miss them as the hotel standard was otherwise so good.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Hotel_Lundia, Receptionschef at Hotel Lundia, responded to this review, January 22, 2015
Dear Matti P-

First of all thank you for your kind words about our service and our hotel. I hope that you visit us on your next business trip to Lund.

Kind regards

Emelie Carlsson
Front office manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014

I was booked into the Lundia for an overnight stay by a business colleague.

Although I arrived quite late in the evening, the welcome was friendly and efficient. Room was very comfortable, well equipped and featured free wi-fi. Breakfast was good.

Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Matthew H-

Thank you for your kind review and you are most welcome to stay with us the next time you visit Lund.

Kind regards

Emelie Carlsson
Front office manager
Hotel Lundia

Been to Hotel Lundia? Share your experiences!