“Welcoming B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Lund B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Welcoming B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We wished that we could have stayed longer at the Check-Inn B&B, located in easy walking distance for exploring Lund. The owners were friendly and welcoming; they even moved their own car so we could have a place to park. Had we known we could have taken the train from there to Copenhagen, we would have done that for the day instead of driving. Then we would have been able to indulge in the delightful breakfast with homemade rolls at Check-Inn one more time before continuing our journey up the west coast of Sweden.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotell Oskar L, Owner at Check Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hi Linda,
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are further very happy that your positive review brought CheckInn to the top position for all B&Bs in Lund... :-)
Kind regards,
Klas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was only expecting a simple room with bread and cereal for breakfast but it was so much better than what I had expected! The room was beautifully furnished with towels and linens provided (this is an improvement over the other accommodations I was at) and bottles of water and chocolate were provided. The breakfast was good, there was a good selection of drinks (an assortment of tea, coffee, juices, chocolate drink) and they prepared eggs, bread, cereal and biscuits. The staff was very friendly and they allowed us to store our luggage there. It was the first accommodation that I stayed that did self check-in and I was worried initially if I would be able to find my room. These worries turned out to be unfounded and the staff would email me to provide me with all the information. Loved the stay there and wished I had stayed on in lund longer! On a side note, the people in lund are very friendly as well, I met an elderly florist and he just whipped out a bag of apples that he grew in his own backyard and offered them to me. Also, if you are in lund, please drop by Rinnebäcksravinen, it is beautiful and close to lund.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hi,
Thanks for this very nice review. We are glad that you also found the self-service check in convenient! Most welcome back next time you are in Lund.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at the Check-Inn B&B for 10 nights during a recent visit to Lund. It was very comfortable. I enjoyed the nice breakfast and especially the option to make myself a evening snack in the kitchen and store some small food items in the refrigerator. The rooms are simply furnished and clean. Much cozier than staying in a regular hotel! The couple who run the B&B, their son, and the girls who put out the breakfast were all very helpful and friendly. They made me feel welcome and provided directions to restaurants and to help me find my way around town. Highly recommended! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hotell Oskar L, Owner at Check Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Hi Anne,
It was a pleasure having you as our guest for such a long stay! Thanks for the great review and most welcome back when you are in Lund next time. (It was actually quite interesting because the automatic translation of your review to Swedish was completely wrong... There you could read about bathroom tiles being loose which you of course did not write in your original review. I went to double check and of course there were no loose tiles...) :-)
Milla
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Friendly, clean, centrally-located, very helpful staff - the perfect place to stay if you are on a budget. I will definitely be staying at the Check-Inn again when I am next in Lund. You are given a code for the front door, so there is no problem if you want to get in in the middle of the night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hi Leo!
It's great to hear that you liked your stay with us and we are grateful for the fact that you wrote a review about your stay here at TripAdvisor. It is of course very helpful for other guests that think about booking their stay with us to read about what guests before them have thought about us... :-)
Kind regards,
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I loved staying at this B&B. It was easy to get to from the station, and to self-check in. The room was comfortable and well-equipped. The owners sent really good information about it in advance including an email just before I got there. They were actively helpful when the wifi didn't work very well for the room I was in (a separate room in the garden, rather than in the main house). Wifi worked fine when I was in the main house for breakfast. Breakfast was super and in the usual Scandinavian buffet style. I would have no hesitation recommending this to anyone else, and would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: This is a small place, so not much choice of room. The ones in the main house are doubles, the one i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hotell Oskar L, Owner at Check Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Hi Amanda,
So glad that you liked staying with us and also that you took the time to write about us here at TripAdvisor! We have changed all the hardware for the network in the house and now we have perfect internet connection everywhere. Hope you had a safe trip back to NZ and most welcome back to either CheckInn or Hotell Oskar next time you visit Lund!
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was a bit hesitant to try a B&B instead of a hotel. It turned out that my worries were unnecessary. Check Inn B&B is located very close to the train station and the rooms are large and bright,
although they are in a sous-terrain floor, and the standard is very high.

You check in by yourself, but it was always easy to get hold of the staff and they were extremely service oriented and could help us with everything from tips on sightseeing to jogging trails.

The breakfast buffet matches the rest of the impression - you get everything you need and more for an interesting day in Lund

In summary - good location, excellent service, tasty breakfast and no doubt at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotell Oskar L, Ägare at Check Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hi Anatoli,
Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review about us! We really appreciate it!
Hasselt, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We passed Lund on our two week trip through Sweden. We stayed at the Checkinn B&B two times, our first and last night in Sweden. The first night we didn't have a reservation, and we were pleasently surprised with the owners' hospitality and warm welcome. That's why we decided to return to this B&B a second time.
The rooms were very clean, cosy and nicely designed. The B&B has a very welcoming and homely feel.
We enjoyed the delicious breakfast and the available evening snacks. For people who are traveling for a long time, it's nice to know that the kitchen and washing machine are available at all times.
Another big plus is the B&B's great location. A 10 minute walk to the trainstation and city center.
We highly recommend the Checkinn B&B for your stay in Lund.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi!
Thanks for this nice review and welcome back next time you are in Lund! :-)
Klas

Been to Check Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!