“Nice atmosphere, happy staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 161 Restaurants in Lund
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A nice place to meet for a good dinner, a glass of wine or to finish off the week with some nice music, a good beer and some friends.Gather 'round -all your friends are here
London
“Nice atmosphere, happy staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We had pizza and beer in the Herkules Bar of this restaurant, which is an open air bar on the main square in Lund. The pizza was freshly cooked and very tasty, and the staff knowledgable about the beer sold and very helpful. It was a pleasant and lively place to spend an evening.

Visited July 2014

Pietarsaari, Finland
“A restaurant with nice atmosphere at Stortorget, Lund”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

During my visit to Skåne (Skania) I was visiting Lund and had a tasty “räkmacka” with beer at the bar at Stortorget Bar & Restaurang.Nice atmosphere and friendly staff.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Nice outdoor area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Planned to have a dinner at the restaurant, but because of the lovely weather, we sat outside, and we were thus limited to the Herkules Bar menu which has fewer options.

We went for the burger, which seemed to be what everyone around us was eating. When they arrived I was disappointed. A plain bun, the patty, white cheese and some red onions, accompanied by fries. It looked so boring. We added the mustard, ketchup and chilimayo and took a hesitant bite. WOW! What a burger! It was super juicy and flavourful, and it really didn't need more than what it had. The bread was soft yet firm, with a slight sweetness to it, it reminded me of brioche. And the fries were great!

Lesson learned: don't judge a burger by its looks, but rather its taste. And this one passed the test!

Service however barely got some points. We were standing for quite sometime by the "wait here for table" sign and were actively ignored by 4-5 staff members. Normally I would have walked away as I have very little patience for bad service, but we didn't want to walk around to find another place to eat (it was past 8pm). Bad service aside, I'm glad we stayed, for the sake of the burger.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lund
“Nice restaurant/bar in the summer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

For food this is honestly not my favorite place. I've tried the burger and some other things and I always found the meat quite dry and tasteless. I the summer the place is great for hanging out over drinks since it has a big outdoor serving on the main square in Lund. The service isn't awesome but then again it is quite noisy and busy.

Visited September 2013
sweden
“I always return for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Good location, good service and great lunch.
It is sooo Swedish, fresh, healthy and testeful.

I have never been disappointed with fish.
Worth to visit and definetely one of the best places in Lund

• Visited June 2013