“American Cousin's Delight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 306th Bombardment Group Museum

306th Bombardment Group Museum
Bedford Aerodrome | Thurleigh Airfield Business Park, Thurleigh, Bedford, England
01234 708715
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Thurleigh
Type: Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: This is amazing encapsulation of the airfield and the surrounding area as it was in WWII. It is one of the most impressive memorials to the US aircrew who flew from the UK I have ever visited.
derbyshire
22 attraction reviews
“American Cousin's Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

"What a great find".My Cousin was over from the States and wanted to find out more about his Fathers time in England so we headed for the Bedfordshire countryside where he was stationed and to our delight found 306 Bombardment Group Museum in Thurleigh.I can only say that he was in tears when he left.So much to see we spent over an hour looking and listening to Ralph who has put this place together along with his wife.It is a must to visit.

Visited September 2013

Bedford, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Soldier's daughter...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My 'dislike' is that it is so hard to find. I did not have a vehicle so I took a bus. The driver did not know where it was so he let me off at a petrol station. The people I chatted with did not appear to know it even existed even though they were from the area! It's way off the main road and quite a walk but a gentleman offered to help me find it. The museum itself is quite small but the couple that run it are very personable and do an excellent job - and the person helping them was very nice and helpful. I wish I could have had more of a tour of the remaining huts, airfields, etc that are still there! Will I go out there again - yes, even if I have to walk from the main road! I had a great experience, met nice people, plus a very nice gentleman from the states (West Virginia) that had experienced the same type of problem trying to find the correct bus had hired a taxi to see the museum and offered me a lift back to Bedford. His Uncle had served there.

Visited September 2013