My second stay at this hotel this year was last weekend, November 4 to November 6. This time around I had opted for a room with a queen bed as opposed to the room I had last time (with a single bed). The room was adequate in size.
* The room with the queen bed I had faced the inner yard - no noise from outside. Didn't have any problems with noise in the room I stayed in last time either and that one faced the street - Luleå is a small town which means not a lot of traffic during the nights (at least not compared to bigger cities like most European capitals for example), and traffic doesn't really bother me while sleeping but if it *does* bother you then the room I had this time facing the inner yard should be a good option, no traffic can be heard at all.
* Staff is extremly polite and friendly. I was able to check in a little bit early, which was nice since I had an appointment in the early afternoon on the day of my arrival (guess this depends on how much guests they have and how quickly the rooms become availble). They also helped me book a cab with a reliable taxi company and this was much appreciated too since I travelled as a single female traveller and needed to feel safe.
* Very neat and clean room, and a very polite housekeeper. Important for me, cleanliness is something I value.
* Nice breakfast. Some people have commented on the coffee in the breakfast room being slighlty subpar, since the machine they use might not make the best coffee in the world and that is possibly the only drawback of the breakfast. It's *not* a huge deal for me though, despite being an avid coffee-aholic, since they also serve complimentary coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day and the coffee in the lobby is nice. The rest of the breakfast is good for a hotel in this price range. Various breads, spreads, cold cuts, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereal etc plus some hot dishes as well (sausages, scrambled eggs, bacon and my personal favourite - the pancakes).
* LOVE the location with the closeness to all communications such as long-distance buses, railway and airport bus. No noise from the railway either during the night, and the hotel is just opposite the railway. I much prefer this location over some of the others that are adjacent to some bars. Like stated previously, the traffic doesn't bother me in this spot - good windows and a small town with little traffic helps perhaps. I *am* much more bothered by drunk people leaving night clubs and pubs and therefore this one is in a much better spot than the hotels that are adjacent to the local pubs and nightclubs for me. If you want to go to the pubs, restaurants etc in town they are still close enough to be within a very short and easy walk. Luleå is after all a fairly small town.
* wireless was free and worked well in this room too.
For a three-star hotel, this is a gem! If you expect a luxury five-star hotel, you'd be disappointed but since there aren't any five-star facilities in town anyhow, this is a good choice.
Will be spending a night this weekend at a different hotel in town (as a part of an entertainment package where we weren't able to choose which hotel to stay at for a particular event and price) and it'll be interesting to see if it matches this one or not.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.