“The best Thai curry I've ever eaten” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Kiruna
Cuisines: Thai
oswestry, england
“The best Thai curry I've ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Thai Kitchen doesn't look much, but its friendly and comfortable enough inside. We found it funny that everything on the menu was exactly the same price, but each option was a fully formed meal, you didn't have to piece together bits and pieces. We love curries, so we had a red tofu one and a green chicken one, extra hot ! And we sprinkled chilli flakes on top !

When they arrived, there was a huge bowl each full of curry and a side dish of steamed rice, and the curry looked absolutely amazing - the best presentation I think I've ever seen for any curry. All sorts of ingredients peeping out of the top of the soup-like coconut milk based curry, with drips of chilli oil making the most colourful sight imaginable. It tasted superb too, thin, but full of flavour and certainly full of heat. No sticks or bits you couldn't eat, no thick sauce, and loads of chicken in mine. A most fulfilling meal, and without a doubt the best Thai food I have ever eaten.

While every meal I had in Kiruna was excellent, the price is normally extortionate. However each and every meal in the Thai kitchen is a paltry £7 - friendly service, free water and coffee, absolutely amazing value.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Simply amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My friend and I found this place at the end of our trip and tried to make it back as many times as we could. The menu is straight forward but everything we had was stunning. Reasonably priced as Kiruna goes. Easily the best food I had on my trip.

Visited January 2014
Vienna, Austria
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Lucky us that the Thai Kitchen was recommended to us. Very good food, big portions and cheap. Atmosphere is like in a fast food restaurant, but the taste of the curries is excellent!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Good Thai food - Hot and spicy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had Thai food twice there and liked the taste. Small hotel with limited seats but you can take away as well.

Visited December 2013
Oslo, Norway
“The best thai-food in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Cheap clean good food, a very nice owner taking good care of her customers. Thai Kitchen is located opposite Scandic Ferrum Hotell and easy to find.

Visited December 2013