“Great restaurant with great service, view and food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great restaurant with great service, view and food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had my birthday dinner last night and was going to go to an old favorite, but it was closed. A friend recommended this place as a casual, by the lake place with great food. It lived up to its reputation! Funny enough, when we arrived my friend and her husband were there for his birthday dinner too!! The service was great here! I find the service in Switzerland to generally be slow and unmotivated. Our waitress was SUPERB! It was the best service I have had in my two years in Geneva.The food was really tasty as well. Both my husband and I cleaned our plates on all courses. We had the pate as a starter and then he had lamb chops and I had the steak with mushroom sauce. I loved every bite. We finished with an apple tart with ice cream and he had strawberries and cream. I tried a white with the first course and red wine with the steak that were locally made and both were great. You don't hear much about Swiss wine outside of Switzerland since they don't export much, but both were enjoyable. I wouldn't say the food was the best I have ever had in Geneva but it was close and was really good value for money. The setting was absolutely perfect that night. A great clear view across the lake, setting sun and a nice, warm breeze. Honestly, I felt like I was in heaven. I will definitely add this to our list of favorites! Oh and it was busy but not heaving. It was also not pretentious which I really enjoyed as I can't stand a place where everyone has a stiff upper lip.

• Visited August 2012

“Lakeside Panorama”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

30 mins from Geneva in the village of Corsier. You can get better food in Geneva, but this place is high on the list for location. Fabulous terrace over the lake and I imagine it has to be a great place for family and other groups at the weekend. reasonable prices and good wines. Take your camera.

• Visited November 2011
Hong Kong, China
“A little paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Le petit lac at Corsier port in the canton of Geneva is 30 minutes away from the city center but could as well be on a different planet. You would want to come mainly for the terrace overseeing the lake. While the menu is varied, people come mainly for the filet de perches. Food is simple, the atmosphere is relaxed, serviced is good but you should be patient when the restaurant is full. Come in summer and feel as if you were in southern France. Good choice of Geneva white wines. A little paradise...

Messery, France
“Come here for a relaxing and simple meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Loverly location in Corsier. It has a very relaxing decor (like an up-market fish-shed!) and a beautiful terrace. We ate inside as it was still too cold to eat outside. Typical Genevois menu (Filets de Perche, Fera etc) and some meat dishes. For Geneva a well priced wine list. This place is often packed on Sundays and is a popular spot for locals to come down to the lake. When we went (Saturday lunch) it was relatively empty. Good service. I had the steak-tartare (since the lake filets de perche were still out of season). This was one of the best I have had in Geneva. Knife cut - well flavoured. I really enjoyed. My wife had the FdP anyway; these were not exceptional but better than others I have tasted. I would recommend this place for a great relaxing view and unpretentious menu at essentially standard Geneva prices - so don't come here if you are looking for a 15CHF meal.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Geneva, Switzerland
“Paneled ivory boat house decor with sepia photography and fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We have eaten several times over the past year: lunch on the terrace in May, dessert and wine on a November Sunday when we arrived too late for a meal and most recently for a full Sunday late lunch. I am surprised to read the terrible reviews. The wait staff, the same each time, is very friendly and patient with our French. We have had the perch, the steaks grilled in the fire place to order and the dessert crepes prepared table side. The food is fabulous! There is a great selection of wine and the environment is very relaxed. The decor is simple and sophisticated. Ivory paneled walls with sepia sailing photography. The lake views are stunning as is the private dining room. We live in Geneva and comparatively speaking, it is
not expensive. I plan to have my 50th birthday party here in the fall. Today, we will take our teens along for a Sunday family meal.

• Visited February 2012