“Barf, mustard and fries” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Brasserie, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Barf, mustard and fries”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I used to be a regular at this once fab café. Yesterday, I sat down for one of my fav quick snacks: a plate of big, chunky fries with Dijon mustard and remoulade. No sooner did I plunck my self down when I clearly overheard the nearby waitress exclain: "Oh gee, I feel really sick. I just threw up big time! Wonder if I should go home?"

Somebody's body liquids are truely the last thing I need to hear about when I am in a restaurant - especially coming from a waitress! I sat there hoping she didn't end up serving my food, but lucky me - she did. The fries looked great, but sans mustard plus ketchup. I asked for mustard once again and was told the chef demanded 10 kr. ekstra or almost 2 bucks for mustard. I told the waitress mustard is always served without a problem and asked if the chef was having a bad day (or sick perhaps?) and got up to have a word with him. I think the waitress got a bit uneasy and rushed to get me some anyway.

Beware of the loo too. 10 times out of 10 it's pretty messed up. But the fries are good...

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Iceland
“Another dissapointment in Copenhagen”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

After sleeping in a little on Sunday morning we headed for this restaurant for breakfast. I had it on my list of places I found on Trip Advisor that I wanted to check out.
We arrived at 10:45 and sat down, 15 minutes later the waiter came to us to take our order, we were not very hungry so we were not interested in the $30 breakfast buffet. It was 11:05 and we were informed that was our only breakfast option. As they only serve breakfast until 11. I we got to order right away we would have had breakfast here but on to the next place we went. I would not say I would not return here in the future, seemed like a decent place but just kind of taken back by the service on a quiet Sunday morning.

• Visited June 2013
Vegårshei
“Perfect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My best brunch for a long time, deliciuos and very tasty. Bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, cheese and fruit, pancakes, jam and yogurt, and only €8. Very modern interior and a charming, french waiter. Ohlala....

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We went for lunch on a Saturday and it was packed, but the ambiance was great and never felt left behind. Then we went back on Sunday, but it was not the full, maybe because it was brunch time and sunny... The decoration is also very nice there.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Zell am See, Austria
“Breakfast Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

They have the best Chai in Town! It is sweet, sweet and sweet and you want more! And there is more! A whole lot more than I could eat. And that made me almost sob, because it was not just too much, it was really, really good.

Visited May 2013