“Great tapas and wine!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
San Diego, California
“Great tapas and wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant in Copenhagen but run by a completely Spanish staff. Many tapas selections and all that I tried (about 10) were very good. Main courses were also very good as was the cheese plate served for dessert. Wine list is almost exclusively Spanish; so good wines at good prices. Service is timely and very friendly. Would recommend highly!

• Visited September 2013

Orlando
“Excellent food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were staying at the Kong Arthur and this restaurant is affiliated. We ate two nights in a row because we wanted to try different things on the menu. The first night, we shared six plates. Too much. The second night we shared four plates and that was about right. Prices seemed a bit high for what we were getting, but Copenhagen is an expensive city.

• Visited August 2013
Sweden
“Good food but somewhat overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

A really nice place with good atmosphere. We had the tapas menu (14 dishes) and most of it were delightful, especially the Sorbete de limon al Cava. Compared to other tapas restaurants it´s nothing wrong with this place but somewhat expensive.

Visited June 2013
Philadelphia
“A great welcome to Copenhagen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a delayed train from Sweden that got us into Copenhagen very late on a cold, rainy night. I was tired, cold, and cranky, and as a vegan, I thought the odds of my getting anything to eat we're nil. The hotel I was staying in informed me their Italian restaurant (my best chance at getting something I could eat) had just closed, but what I assume was the manager of this restaurant walked past and said he would feed us and make a vegan meal for me until 11pm (it was 10pm at this point). As this was our only choice, we agreed, but I thought I was in for a plate of thrown together vegetables. Boy, was I wrong!

When we got into the restaurant, we were warmly greeted and sat at a lovely little table in a nook off to the side. The manager showed me their menu, and we talked through what I like and what they could do. They ended up making me potatas bravas without the aioli mayonnaise and a wonderful vegan paella that was huge and delicious. My boyfriend got garlic shrimp and a Spanish omelette, and he thought both were delicious. They even knew to give me olive oil to dip my bread in instead of butter. We were also given marinated olives and bread, and we both ordered desserts (chocolate cake for my boyfriend and sorbet for me - both very good!). The food came out quickly, and our server was very sweet. The gin and tonic was amazing, too.

Everything about this place was great, and that is not just the vegan who got a good meal custom made for her at 10pm after a long, cold, rainy day of travel talking. Too many places today forget that it's the little things and those extra steps that make for truly great customer service and a wonderful dining experience, but Pintxos remembers this very well. You won't be disappointed if you go here whether you are a carnivore, vegetarian, or vegan!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Scores high on service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

With its large oudoor seating area Pintxos is a fine venue in the good weather. Relaxed and pleanty of space between tables - this is a very comfortable venue for an informal meal. I was most impressed by the professionalism and friendliness of the waitresses.The food was tasty and well presented, though not exceptional. A good selection of wine to compliament the food.
I would certainly be happy to visit again. The tapas menu was good value and provided a comprehensive selection of the dishes on offer.

• Visited July 2013