“A great welcome to Copenhagen” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Philadelphia
“A great welcome to Copenhagen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a delayed train from Sweden that got us into Copenhagen very late on a cold, rainy night. I was tired, cold, and cranky, and as a vegan, I thought the odds of my getting anything to eat we're nil. The hotel I was staying in informed me their Italian restaurant (my best chance at getting something I could eat) had just closed, but what I assume was the manager of this restaurant walked past and said he would feed us and make a vegan meal for me until 11pm (it was 10pm at this point). As this was our only choice, we agreed, but I thought I was in for a plate of thrown together vegetables. Boy, was I wrong!

When we got into the restaurant, we were warmly greeted and sat at a lovely little table in a nook off to the side. The manager showed me their menu, and we talked through what I like and what they could do. They ended up making me potatas bravas without the aioli mayonnaise and a wonderful vegan paella that was huge and delicious. My boyfriend got garlic shrimp and a Spanish omelette, and he thought both were delicious. They even knew to give me olive oil to dip my bread in instead of butter. We were also given marinated olives and bread, and we both ordered desserts (chocolate cake for my boyfriend and sorbet for me - both very good!). The food came out quickly, and our server was very sweet. The gin and tonic was amazing, too.

Everything about this place was great, and that is not just the vegan who got a good meal custom made for her at 10pm after a long, cold, rainy day of travel talking. Too many places today forget that it's the little things and those extra steps that make for truly great customer service and a wonderful dining experience, but Pintxos remembers this very well. You won't be disappointed if you go here whether you are a carnivore, vegetarian, or vegan!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Scores high on service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

With its large oudoor seating area Pintxos is a fine venue in the good weather. Relaxed and pleanty of space between tables - this is a very comfortable venue for an informal meal. I was most impressed by the professionalism and friendliness of the waitresses.The food was tasty and well presented, though not exceptional. A good selection of wine to compliament the food.
I would certainly be happy to visit again. The tapas menu was good value and provided a comprehensive selection of the dishes on offer.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
“wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

having travelled for the best part of 6 hours we where hungry. Pintxos, a lovely tapas restaurant, was ideal. The food was amazing, the service excellent.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Accidental choice turned out well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were staying nearby and decided to try this restaurant because we were too tired to walk further. What a lucky find. We were not interested in the bits and pieces notion of tapas, but chose two for starters and ordered the dorada cooked with Spanish ham inside for a main course. What beautifully cooked fish and delicately presented vegetables. The staff were welcoming, attentive and offered advice when needed; and the restaurant had a good clean welcoming feel. We would probably have returned but it was the last night of our stay.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Spanish Food in Copenhagen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Pintxos is a good Spanish style restaurant with good service and good food. Two entrees, bread, salad, wine for my wife and a beer for me as well as a bottle of water only set us back the equivalent of $75 for lunch.

Visited May 2013