“Good food, excellent service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Skindbuksen

Skindbuksen
Lille Kongensgade, Copenhagen, Denmark (Indre By)
+4533129037
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #162 of 1,545 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Danish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Indre By
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Good food, excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

This restaurant has a good atmosphere, and serves traditional hot food: pies, stews, etc. I had the calf-liver and it was excellent. My (adult) son also enjoyed his meal.

I'd also like to add that I left my wallet by mistake and was only able to get back after a couple of hours. They'd found it, kept it on one side and stayed open late in the hope that I would come back for it: a huge relief.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Keller, Texas
“Avoid this restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

My wife and I went here for the traditional Danish food. We had Skipperlabsskovs and Biksemad. Skipperlabsskovs is either not very good or they are bad at making it. It was pretty much a big pile of glob on the plate.

The food was poor. The service was not much better as the server essentially threw the food on the table. We finally just decided to leave. Couldn't get her to bring the bill, so got up and headed to the door so they would get the message. Paid the bill standing in the door way.

We had tried several traditional Danish restaurants in Copenhagen with much better results.

A really, really bad experience.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Not memorable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

My wife and I ate at Skindebunksen after a long day touring Copenhagen. It was billed as a Danish restaurant. In reality, it’s a bar that serves food. It’s pretty rustic but the staff was friendly and spoke English. The menu has a variety of meat and seafood dishes. My wife had fish and chips that she enjoyed. I had what was called fisherman’s stew, which I thought would be some type of soup. It was actually potatoes that contained some meat and vegetables without much flavor. Since we had been hot all day, this really didn’t work for me. We didn’t stay for desert. Given our mindset (hot and tired), I don’t want to be too negative, but we probably wouldn’t eat here again.

boston
“good food, great bar, excellent time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

We went in March. We knew we had to stop when we saw a table of folks with Christmas hats

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carson City, NV
“Great food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2008

On our trip to Denmark, we asked the concierge where we could find the best Danish food, and this is one place they recommended. We were not disappointed. My grandfather came from Denmark and was quite the cook- eating here brought back many memories.