“Wonderful Italian restaurant in Copenhagen” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bacino

Bacino
Havnegade 44, Copenhagen 1058, Denmark (Indre By)
Improve this listing
Ranked #995 of 1,424 restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By
Normandy
“Wonderful Italian restaurant in Copenhagen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Located in the Custom House building where you can find 3 restaurants and bars, Bacino offers a delicate and refined Italian cooking in an elegant atmosphere. We had wonderful gnocchi with 3 cheese sauce then monk-fish with red onions, Veal raviolis and duck breast, desserts are light and sophisticated. Service is perfect and the bill is okay for suck kind of restaurant. 1300 Krones for 2.
We return tonight to try the japanese restaurant.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

52% Recommend
Boston, Massachusetts
“Really a Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I have popped into Custom House on many occasions when in Copenhagen for business or to see friends. This building is full of taste and good tasting food and the jewel in the crown is Bacino. I was there last night and had a wonderful experience, as normal. The atmosphere is excellent, the wine list is forever tempting, and the food really is top sniff. The halibut with watermelon and chilli was a delight and the lemon and thyme crusted veal sublime. That word is used too frequently, but in this case appropriate. My friends were all happy with their meals and also surprised at the modesty of the bill. I went on this site in order to recommend Bacino to friends coming to Kobenhavn and shocked to see such negative feedback. It's off the mark. The correct score is Five out of Five.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Not very Italian, pricey and very small portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

If you like really good hearty abundant Italian food then stay away from Bacino
The food is nice, tasty but I wouldn't call it Italian. More like French style with tiny portions.
Nice decor, service was neglectful and could have been better. Good wine list. But the memory that remains is small over priced portions. After spending too much money we left hungry.

• Visited May 2011
Lugano (Switzerland)
“Nice atmosphere but small portions and big prices!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

My husband and I went to this restaurant as I am Italian and I was missing my country's food. The place is very nice indeed, cozy and elegant and the service good. But: the selection is very limited (also: no vegetarian dishes at all!) and the portions are tiny, nouvelle cuisine-style, yet pricy. I asked for some gnocchi in a non-meat, non-fish sauce but apparently it was too complicated to make them, so I chose the alternative: a risotto with mushrooms. The risotto turned out to be as small as the palm of my hand and it actually wasn't a risotto, but a saffran pressed-rice tart with mushrooms over it. Tasted good, but nothing special. The worst thing was, that I was charged ca. 240 DK (about 33 euros) just as if I had eaten the lobster risotto, which to me is not correct at all! My husband was happy with his ravioli, although he also complained with the size of his dish (maybe 7 ravioli?). The chocolate dessert was -again- quite small but very tasty. So we ended up with paying over 750 DK (100 Euro, without drinking wine, just water and 1 beer) and leaving with a half-empty stomach.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Since moving to Copenhagen more than a year ago, I have struggled to find great places to eat. And now I think I have found the first one with Bacino in Custom House by the harbour.

I took my girlfriend there, and we chose the 5 course set menu "a la Stefano", and we got a fantastic meal: Rich in variation, great seasoning and taste and just enough to leave us full without going over the top. Add to that an impeccable service minded staff (this is the first time I have EVER tipped in Copenhagen), a nice ambience to the room and a splendid view over the harbour, and you have all the ingredients for a very special evening, you'll remember.

I'll definately return here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere