“Excellent food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pastis

Pastis
Gothersgade 52, Copenhagen 1123, Denmark (Indre By)
Website
Neighborhood: Indre By
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I went to Pastis last night which was my first real swaray into eating out in Copenhagen with my girlfriend.

It was naturally a very cold evening and upon entering the restaurant Iimmediately felt like I was about to melt into a gelatinous mass on the floor. We hung up our coats, took our seats in the buzzy restaurant and then periodically removed as many clothes as possible while constantly mopping my brow. While on the negatives the service was not overly attentive and i was forced to shout my order across the table as opposed to her coming to my side to take the order....this surprisingly annoyed me, but then maybe it was just the heat!!

Now for the important stuff and why i still scored them 4 stars, the food was great, we had snails and salmon tartar to start and lamb shank and mussels for main and had no space for the pudding! Great meal and great wine! Jolly good show, rar rar rar!

• Visited March 2013

Europe.
“very nice restaurant! friendly staff and good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

People with allergies, this staff takes it seriously and helps you with decisions. friendly staff and good food! a bit expensive but really enjoyed!

Visited December 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The restaurant is convivial, the service fine, the food delicious. A very good experience.
Only minus: it was terribly warm the evening we were there.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aalborg, Denmark
“Very delicious place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were together with all our beautiful family for lunch at Pastis - and we were certainly not disappointed. The food was delicious - the service friendly and hospital, the interior tasteful and the price very reasonable. Eat there - you will not regret it - but reserve a table before going.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Popular for a reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you are looking for tasty, reasonably priced food and a buzzing atmosphere, this is it. Bistro Pastis is just the right mix of relaxed and friendly, yet smart. The crowd is a mix of young and old, groups of friends and couples. Even though the place was very busy when we arrived at 6 pm on a Saturday, service was very effective. I ordered the lamb shank, and my partner ordered the steak with béarnaise. My lamb was so tender it fell right off the bone; very juicy and flavorful. My partner said his steak was the best he had had in a very long time. Throughout our meal, our waitress filled our glasses with water without us even having to ask. I highly recommend that you book a table in advance, to avoid disappointment. Despite the impression you may get from Tripadvisor, this is a hot and happening place right now!

• Visited November 2012