“Excellent Brunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canteen

Canteen
Nordre Frihavnsgade 52, Copenhagen 2100, Denmark (Østerbros)
+45 35 38 61 22
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Østerbros
“Excellent Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were there when it opened at 10:00 the small restaurant was already packed.
We waited for a table and the brunch was excellent, the service was very friendly, the restaurant was a bit noisy.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rome
“Very good brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

After reading the many positive reviews of the brunch offered in canteen, I went with some friends. We had a large brunch (130 DK) which includes a small glass of orange juice, different kinds of bread, homemade jam (excellent) and nutella (which I didnt find as amazing as the other reviews stated, but still quite good), plenty of eggs, bacon and sausage (all very good), excellent joghurt with fruit and muesli and some excellent pancakes with nuts (maybe the best thing in the brunch). Overall it was very good (but probably not the best brunch i've ever had) and not too expensive (coffee was not included in the price). I would certainly go back the next time I'm in Copenhagen!
(I read that its usually hard to find a table but we arrived at 12:15 and immediately found a table for 5)

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen
“If you find a better brunch place in CPH, let me know!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have made it my hobby to know the Copenhagen brunch places. And while I'm not a black belt, I do get asked frequently for recommendations. Canteen is in my top two. The brunch plate here can't be beaten. It has everything you would expect of a good brunch and is prepared and presented with care. The homemade nutella is divine. The service is usually pretty good (think Copenhagen, though... people are not the warmest). The only downside is that there is limited seating and they don't take reservations, so come early or expect to wait.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Copenhagen
“I had herd this was the place to have...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I had herd this was the place to have brunch. However, it is
not all that special. Service was poor ( I guess typical of Danish cafes ) and the brunch was ok. The presentation was different and cool. Overall, nothing special.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen
“Best brunch in town by far and pretty...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

Best brunch in town by far and pretty good value too. Lots of homemade stuff like marmelade and nutella. Hard to get a table in weekends.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere