“Great food, great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Cofoco

Restaurant Cofoco
7 Abel Cathrines Gade, Copenhagen, Denmark (Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave)
33 136 060
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Restaurant Cofoco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 1,538 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: French, Danish
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave
London
“Great food, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had a wonderful evening out with my sister at this trendy, small restaurant. The food was very nice and served in smaller portions which allow (and encourage :-) you to try more dishes. It has a rather minimalist interior and the lighting is just right. The high tables are perhaps not the most comfortable or romantic but we found it to be just right for a wednesday night dinner. The staff are very friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Paris, France
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This restaurant, near from our hotel, was a great surprise !
There are not many choices but the few dishes that are available are really delicious.
The atmosphere is really nice and the service is ok.

I recommand this !

• Visited September 2012
Faxe
“Excellent food in modest premises”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This week only a fixed menu was possible; but it was very tasty. The place is in a poor part of town down a basement. Not a place, where you would expect to find a gourmet restaurant. The staff is friendly and very competent. We did choose the winemenu, which came with the menu and found the wines good and well chosen. When we saw the plates, we thought them small, but our appetite was more than satisfied.
Book in good time, as the place is very popular.

Aberdeen
“Cofoco is a winner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We've dined here twice in the past week. The food was innovative and delicious. The main course portions were small but three courses proved to be quite ample. The service was friendly and informative. The wine list is small but well-chosen. The location is not as forbidding as some reviews have suggested. Copenhagen is not a cheap city and in comparison with other restaurants Cofoco is good value for money.

London, United Kingdom
“great concept, small but perfectly formed dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This restaurant offers almost a short order menu with 11 dishes in total including one starter type, seven main type, one cheese, and two sweet dishes. Prices are based on the number of courses you have, portions are smallish but allow you to try more, and they're richly flavoured. Bread is brought to the table in a novel little brown paper bag with some type of herb butter. A small drinks list is all that's needed, I don't know if it was Hendrick's in my G&T but there were pretty little balls of cucumber in it, and it wasn't too sweet. I should have asked about all of this, but it was at the end of a day of sightseeing, I was happy just to enjoy.

My waiter assumed I was waiting on another person joining me, nope! Solo traveller and diner. Wish he had asked if I was ready to order or offered a drink and asked if I was waiting for someone rather than ignoring me for a while. He did make up for it later by being quite attentive.

The dishes are delightful and leave you wanting just another mouthful - the perfect balance between just enough and too much. No entirely vegetarian dishes but they might be able to work around that given the ingredients on the menu. Tea to finish was a green tea with...(waiter checks English translation)...quince, yum! Smells sweeter than it tastes, a nice change from the usual. And two little cookies as well. Won me over!

I was recommended to try Cofoco by the hotel I was in, the hotel left me little non-plussed so I was sceptical about this restaurant, glad I tried it. Be sure to get in before 9pm, the kitchen closes promptly.

Visited February 2013