“Unfriendly and Rude” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cosy Bar

Cosy Bar
Studiestraede 24, Copenhagen 1455, Denmark (Indre By)
45 33 12 74 27
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #218 of 310 things to do in Copenhagen
“Unfriendly and Rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went to Cosy at 1am and had a few drinks at the bar. The place is small and filled mainly with straight women coming to the bar with their gay friends. Then lining the tables were mostly older guys probably waiting for someone to go home with. Everyone smokes in this tiny place, so I had to go outside for some fresh air. When I went back in the doorman told me that he wouldn't let me back in unless I started buying drinks. Even though I had already purchased drinks from the same bartender, he told me that I was lying cause the bartender told him I didn't buy anything.

This bar is not worth it at all, there are much better places. I would go somewhere else.

Cologne
“Bad Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

We visited last weekend in the evening with a group of 4 guys the Cosy bar in Copenhagen at 11.00 o'clock. It was not very full. One waiter went by a few times but did not ask if he could help us. After a while we ordered a round of beverages at the bar - hardly we had these, the same waiter came to us and requested us unfriendly to take off our coats and deliver them for 10 crowns each at the cloth-check. We refused and replied that it would be possible to leave the jackets at the wallhangers - than we were only unfriendlier requested to leave the bar!
In view on the lining up Outgames one can be only surprised here, how one deals with international guests - it explains however, why the bar was nearly empty and mainly visited of heterosexual pairs. We recommend to visit other Gay bar - these are not all too far!

West Coast, Vinland
“Apt name / VERY late night scene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

This is where the late night crowd with lots of stamina goes after the other gay bars have closed. It can have a pretty out of control feel, in terms of crazy dancing and intoxicated patrons. But, being Denmark, everyone is well behaved and friendly. I think it also has a reputation for being a pick up place of last resort. But since a lot of the customers are young and really cute, there's no problem with that. The cigarette smoke can be very thick - people with asthma, beware. Anyway, staggering out of this place at 5am or even 6am is something that will make your Copenhagen pub crawl complete.