“Great property a short walk from everything” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen

You added Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen to your Saves list
Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vesterbrogade 107, Copenhagen 1620, Denmark (Formerly Bertrams Hotel Guldsmeden, Copenhagen) (Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave)   |
Special Offer
3 Night Stay - DISCOUNT
Ranked #8 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great property a short walk from everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here one night while on a business trip and was not dissapointed. This boutique hotel is full and charm and comfort. After a long flight they stored my bag before my room was ready. Staff were eager to help and had great recommendations for restaurants and bars. Everything was within a 20 minute walk in a nice neighborhood.

The rooms are very comfortable and the courtyard rooms get the peacefulness of being away from the main street. I was told those rooms were much louder because of the traffic. Water pressure was strong and hot in the well appointed bathrooms. Bed was comfortable too.

Overall this is a great property for exploring Copenhagen. You get a boutique feel for a great price. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the interior courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear UnboundTraveler

Thank you ever so much for posting a review of your recent stay with us. As an experienced reviewer, I am sure that others in the TripAdvisor community will highly value your input.

Copenhagen is a very easy going city, and being flat easy to discover on foot. Bicycles are also a good way to see the city.

I am pleased that our advice & tips entailed that you had a great visit to Copenhagen.

Enjoy your summer.

Nikolas HALL - Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We recently stayed at Bertrams Guldsmeden for one week and we were very pleased with the room (very clean and plenty of space), breakfast (outstanding!) and staff (very friendly). Our only suggestion to Nikolas would be that he make sure each guest gets a copy of the bus/train map that is available at the train station. The map is very helpful and makes navigating the transit system quite easy. We would also recommend that visitors get a Copenhagen Card (available online or at the Visitors Center near the train station). The Card gives you complete and unrestricted use of the transit system, including the train to Helsingor, location of the Kronborg Slot (Castle) which we recommend highly. The Card also provides entry to most of the museums/attractions in the area. Well worth it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear William R

Firstly thank you for staying with us. I much appreciate the time taken to post a review of your stay, and I am sure that other users of this review site will appreciate the first hand experience expressed by you.

I have noted your suggestion - and have a small comment. The information you refer to is readily available on-line, and as I don't like brochures (in paper form - thinking about the environment), I won't stock them. That said your suggestion is much appreciated, and I am sure that other travelers will find it useful.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Loved... lovely design overall plus some really nice touches in the rooms.... the bathrobes, the room design, the four poster bed, the organic fruit in reception, the gorgeous toiletries, the cosy-but-not-too-heavy duvets, free wifi. Overall a beautifully furnished and (for CPH) fantastic value for money for the price in the heart of a great neighbourhood. Brings Scandi-design inspired style with touches of the orient and looks beautiful, including the outdoor and communal areas.

We would have liked... better coffee at breakfast (I do like a "proper coffee" to start an early day, think the Danes have theirs percolated & v strong!), didn't always get good sleep as the floors/stairs are very creaky. If you get the right person on reception they are so welcoming and you get some great advice but at other times you can wait for ages and our welcome wasn't so good when we arrived.

Overall a brilliant choice though. We strongly recommend Linkoeb (cocktail & whisky bar), Granola (brunch or relaxed bistro supper) and Famo... all within walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back overlooking the garden
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear misselaney0us

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I much appreciate your compliments, and I am happy that we were able to provide you with some "insider tips". I apologize for your welcome not being up to par..... this will be discussed internally.

Have a greta summer.

Bristol, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Although standard room was pretty weeny (to be expected for price), we were given a courtyard facing room as I was concerned about noise. Was clean and comfortable room, very friendly welcome and local advice, 15 min walk from station. Breakfast was ace and price was definately a bargain compared to other 'brunch' menus in this expensive city. Liked the fact a fan was supplied in the wardrobe as it was pretty stifling when we were there. One tiny gripe - didn't have a pump action soap for the sink, had to use the shower gel which wasn't as easy to use, but not end of the world. Would recommend this hotel as great value for money. Maybe next time would try the other Guldmeden in CPH to try the atmosphere in another part of the city, although Vesterbro was great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Lozzer1977

My staff and I are most grateful for the time you have used to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am sure that others in the TripAdvisor community will also be pleased to get a first hand impression from you.

I am pleased that your stay with us contributed a pleasant journey to Copenhagen, and that the Vesterbro borough where we are located provided you with inspiration.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

A friendly and comfortable place. Locationwise, yes, a bit of a hike from Central Station and roadworks at the moment mean finding a bus to the hotel is difficult, but brilliant for heading into the centre as there's a stop immediately outside the hotel. An old building or buildings, thoughtfully converted with welcoming public areas both inside and out. Our room was not large, but well-designed with plenty of storage space with the bonus of a balcony. As noted, the breakfasts are outstanding. Staff uniformly responsive and helpful. Good value as a Secret Escapes offer. It's actually quite nice not being in the centre - there's a proper neighbourhood to explore with excellent local restaurants, shops and parks. A lovely place to return to after a hard day's sightseeing.

Room Tip: A garden room will shield you from street noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear SuzanneT79

I am pleased to read your review of your recent stay with us, and I am sure that other TripAdvisor users will value your input.

It was a pleasure to read that our location - in a proper neighbourhood to explore with excellent local restaurants, shops and parks - was well suited to your needs. The borough of Vesterbro has some outstanding restaurants and watering holes, which we can recommend.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a nice hotel - compared with other Copenhagen hotels I've stayed in, the room was large and well equipped. Everywhere is very clean. The bike hire from the hotel is brilliant. The organic buffet breakfasts are wonderful. I booked through Secret Escapes and so for the price I paid, the hotel was excellent value. I think if I had paid the full advertised price I would have been a little disappointed - although the hotel is very good, it is not quite up to the standard of a luxury £300 per night room that I would expect. So if you pay less than £300 you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: My room overlooked the courtyard, nice view and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Jude B

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am sure that others in the TripAdvisor community will appreciate it.

I am pleased to read that you were pleased with you stay, and that you enjoyed Copenhagen.

Have a pleasant summer.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed for four nights on the second floor - the staff was incredibly friendly and gave us plenty of recommendations and assistance. Our room (205) was clean and quiet, but a bit small in size. The bathroom had a tub with a handle sprayer (not a real shower) which was a little unexpected, and the bed was actually two smaller mattresses pushed together. Other than those quirks, my wife and I had a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear ccheslak

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I am sure that other users of TripAdvisor will appreciate your first hand opinion.

I am pleased to read that in general we contributed to a good trip to Copenhagen.

Nikolas HALL - Owner

Been to Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen? Share your experiences!