“Great place to stay for a weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen

You added Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen to your Saves list
Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vesterbrogade 107, Copenhagen 1620, Denmark (Formerly Bertrams Hotel Guldsmeden, Copenhagen) (Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave)   |
Special Offer
Copenhagen SUMMER Bargin
Ranked #8 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stockholm
“Great place to stay for a weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed here during a weekend. Great rooms, good breakfast and friendly personal. Location could be better, but the bus stop is just outside. We got upgraded to a better room, which of course made our stay more qualitative, but also gives a hint about the intention of the management.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Pmans

I much appreciate the time taken to leave a quick comment with regards to your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to learn that we contributed to a pleasant stay in Copenhagen & look forward to hosting you on another occasion.

Nikolas HALL - Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here with a friend in September and had no complaints. When we checked in, our room was ready early. Adam at the front desk was helpful with restaurant recommendations based on what we liked (good food, not touristy, etc.). Yes the elevator was up one flight and small, but having lived in NYC where there are many walkup buildings and knowing that many European buildings don't have elevators, we had no complaints. The bus stop was right outside the building and was easy to use to go to the more center area of town and back. We also spent a lot of time walking in our neighborhood and to Norreboro, etc., and enjoyed Copenhagen a lot. I usually don't like staying in the "Times Square" area of most cities, so we enjoyed being in more off beaten, local place, but 20 minutes from the more central action by foot or maybe 5 -10 minutes by the bus. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel as we're not big breakfast eaters and it was a bit pricey for that; there are some fabulous bakeries within 5 minutes where we picked up coffee and baked goods that did the trick. The only slight problem we had was with our safe, where after the first day of taking out our documents, it didn't want to close again, so we had to get the receptionist, and we were made to feel it was our fault (even though we followed the exact directions from the day before). But that would be the only slight minor hiccup in an otherwise lovely stay in Copenhagen. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Debsen1

I really appreciate the fact that you have taken time to post a review of your recent stay with us. Other TripAdvisor users will also appreciate this.

I am pleased that your stay with us contributed to a good trip to Copenhagen, and thank you for highlighting that a non city center location can have it's advantages.

Adam is also pleased to learn that his tip's proved helpful.

Once again thank you.

Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our stay was far to be perfect, but it was globally decent, nothing fancy however for the price. To be fully honest, we‘d rather take the breakfast somewhere else.
On the other hand, the check out was quiet unfriendly. The guy at the reception was quite rude and we got the feeling that it was a problem to check the bill or even to ask a question concerning it. I am far to be familiar with the Denmark currency…
This person told us is the owner and I would definitely hope a calmer person to talk to. It would have been even better that receiving an e-mail back home.
This owner that would soon reply to my review is sadly much more polite when it writes that when it talks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Hand75

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

You discontent with the check out stems from a misunderstanding from your side. After checking out you returned in a disturbed state saying that you were not informed of the credit card fee, applicable for all credit cards. You were informed that credit card charges are applicable. You again stated that this was not the case.

I took the liberty of resending you confirmation, clearly indicating that you were informed of this information.

I apologize that you did familiarize yourself of the terms of your reservation, and if you felt that you were not taken seriously, but your state of mind at that moment did not allow for discussion.

I hope that your trip to Copenhagen was otherwise pleasant.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A bad start going to the wrong Guldsmeden up the street. But the owners/recpetionists seemed to think their version of irony is fun - without being very funny. Small bedroom - and small bathroom. OK just for me, but a couple woudl be cramped. The hot and cold taps in the showers were mislabelled. Thick duvets but unable to open the window as looked straight over a main street - so too hot - and a four poster bed in a room that size simply meant you could not see the TV.

I decided against the extremely overpriced breakfast - was charged for it nonetheless. Owners quite rude when I asked for it to be refunded (and asked why they hadn;t checked whether I had had it). Even with a refund it meant I lost out with credit card exchange rates.

This was booked for me for a work trip. This is not in a particulraly nice part of the city and there are much better places to stay in Copenhagen.

Room Tip: Higher probably better... and if there are rooms on the non-main road side, also probably better
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear pansymclean

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our
hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could
have been.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for the wrong impression that you got of us. Starting by going to the incorrect property is always frustrating.

The room type you were provided with is in accordance with the reservation made, and in accordance to the description on your confirmation.

Please feel free to contact myself directly if you are travellng to Copenhagen again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Copenhagen was most enjoyable.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is breakfast, a truly wonderful spread of delicious things. 3 types of bread, fruit, yoghurt, smoothies, juice, eggs all of which you help yourself to from a bar area. The least good thing for us was the location. It is on quite a busy main street (ask for a room overlooking the garden) and a good 20 minutes walk from the train station plus another 20 minutes to the part of town we wanted to be in. There are restuarants locally but it was'nt a particularly beautiful part of Copenhagen that you longed to wander around in in the evening. This is not of course the Hotel's fault, the Hotel itself is comfortable, well decorated with helpful staff. Our shower room was minute and just squeezed in a shower, loo and basin, but it had everything you needed. Copenhagen is an expensive city and by its standards Bertram's is very reasonably priced for what you get. It was immaculately clean and unless I was prepared to splurge on a more central hotel would definately stay there again. (there is a bus outside the door but we got bored of waiting for it and walked everywhere)

Stayed September 2013
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Etta007

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am sure that other TripAdvisor users will appreciate the time that you have used.

I am pleased to read that you found your stay amicable. I am however surprised that your review title seems to indicate that we promote ourselves in the - historic center.

Our location in residential Copenhagen is off the beaten tourist path, and as you describe a good 20 minute walk from City Hall square. I am saddened to read that you had not better researched Copenhagen so that you had a better chance of choosing a property closed to the part of town you wanted to be in.

I will though take the liberty of concluding that you enjoyed Copenhagen, despite the distances walked and the expense encountered.

Looking forward to hosting you again, should Copenhagen come on the agenda, and being able to provide you with tips for the local area.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

this is an hotel in a civilized aeria that offers a civilized bedroom and breakfast ( if agreed )
i had booked a front room but was upgraded to a back facing one. it was late ,i was tired i did not cheque the front. until 5 am i enjoyed loud pop music . personaly i did not mind .
it does have a problem with heavy bags that you have to carry between floors as the lift stops between 2 floors. if the small reception is not crowded you might get help ( i did not at 23 pm )
people were not outgoing ,freezing polite .
it was not as expected compared to the photo it promotes.
i would stay again because of the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gypsoplak

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us.

I have noted 2 points regarding your review, which I would like to address. As you correctly point out, we do have an elevator which stops between floors. Being a limited service property, we do not have a bellboy for the baggage. The desk staff can assist - as you point out - time allowing.

The photos we publish (professional & by other users on this site) in no manner attempt to distort the properties ambience or facilities. Many other users have actually complimented us on the authenticity of our photos - the images present the property as it is.

I am happy to read that you conclude that you will revisit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

lucindahobson@live.co.uk

The spa is beautiful and so relaxing! I would reccomend a visit there to anyone, the restaurant is a perfect way to top off the day too. The food is well presented, tastes lovely and the staff can't do enough for you. I have visited twice and will certainly come again for a special occasion. My only criticism is that the steam room was flooded and smelt so the staff spent most of my time there trying to sort this problem. Of course these things happen though I wish all facilities were available for my thermal suite experience.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Lucindahobson

I appreciate the time you have taken to write a review.

Your review seems to pertain to another property, as we neither have a Spa or restaurant in Bertrams Hotel Guldsmeden.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your trip to Copenhagen, and do hope to have the opportunity to host you if you decide to visit again.

Finally - I would like you to contact TripAdvisor to have your review posted under the correct property.

Nikolas HALL - Owner

Been to Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen? Share your experiences!