“NOT AS EXPECTED” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen

Save Saved
You added Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen to your Saves list
Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vesterbrogade 107, Copenhagen 1620, Denmark (Formerly Bertrams Hotel Guldsmeden, Copenhagen) (Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #6 of 118 hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
“NOT AS EXPECTED”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

this is an hotel in a civilized aeria that offers a civilized bedroom and breakfast ( if agreed )
i had booked a front room but was upgraded to a back facing one. it was late ,i was tired i did not cheque the front. until 5 am i enjoyed loud pop music . personaly i did not mind .
it does have a problem with heavy bags that you have to carry between floors as the lift stops between 2 floors. if the small reception is not crowded you might get help ( i did not at 23 pm )
people were not outgoing ,freezing polite .
it was not as expected compared to the photo it promotes.
i would stay again because of the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Gypsoplak

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us.

I have noted 2 points regarding your review, which I would like to address. As you correctly point out, we do have an elevator which stops between floors. Being a limited service property, we do not have a bellboy for the baggage. The desk staff can assist - as you point out - time allowing.

The photos we publish (professional & by other users on this site) in no manner attempt to distort the properties ambience or facilities. Many other users have actually complimented us on the authenticity of our photos - the images present the property as it is.

I am happy to read that you conclude that you will revisit.

495 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

lucindahobson@live.co.uk

The spa is beautiful and so relaxing! I would reccomend a visit there to anyone, the restaurant is a perfect way to top off the day too. The food is well presented, tastes lovely and the staff can't do enough for you. I have visited twice and will certainly come again for a special occasion. My only criticism is that the steam room was flooded and smelt so the staff spent most of my time there trying to sort this problem. Of course these things happen though I wish all facilities were available for my thermal suite experience.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Lucindahobson

I appreciate the time you have taken to write a review.

Your review seems to pertain to another property, as we neither have a Spa or restaurant in Bertrams Hotel Guldsmeden.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your trip to Copenhagen, and do hope to have the opportunity to host you if you decide to visit again.

Finally - I would like you to contact TripAdvisor to have your review posted under the correct property.

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights with my wife after spending the week at the Radisson Blu Scandanavia for a business meeting. This was a much, much cozier as I expected from all the reviews. I was the last to check in for the day so I was a bit worried but the garden room I was given was large and very nicely appointed compared to the Radisson. It was off the courtyard which did have some guests in it late into one night we were there - we had privacy but we could hear them out there. The neighborhood around the hotel was ok and the hotel was close enough to the sites to walk. The hotel seems to be set up around environmental sustainability/friendliness. That isn't a big selling point for me but I did appreciate the care and thoughtfulness put into the details of the hotel that came with it. The only negative was that the hotel owner gave us more opinion than we cared for when we asked him what we should see in our one day in Copenhagen. He said "I don't know why people do what they do" referring to the fact that we only left one day in Copenhagen before moving on to other destinations. He still gave us good advice on what to do and was nice overall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear yellowbass

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to learn that the conclusion of your Copenhagen trip was spent with us. It is a pleasure to know that the services and advice provided entailed that you were able to discover and enjoy Copenhagen.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

The hosts at this hotel were so gracious and helpful! The location was wonderful - we have stayed closer to the city centre in the past and have not enjoyed it nearly as much, the leisurely stroll to Tivoli was lovely and the neighborhood has loads of treasures for shopping, dining , etc.
We stayed here before our cruise and then, after such a pleasant time, decided to stay there our final night in Copenhagen - not to be missed!

• Stayed August 2013
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer1497

It was a pleasure to host you not once but twice during you recent visit to Copenhagen. I really appreciate the time you have taken to post a review allowing other TripAdvisor users to gain an insight on our property.

Your review reflects what we are all about - good old fashioned hospitality.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel was wonderful. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, the breakfast was delicious and the staff was very kind. Our room had a really nice bathtub and garden view.

As far as transportation goes: We rented bikes one day, which is a must to try in Copenhagen. All the other days it was easy to walk or travel by bus or train. The bus stop is literally right in front of the hotel (which has a key fob-activated lobby door, so it's actually way safer than most US hotels I've been in). I'd stay here again for sure.

I liked this location because it's within walking distance of the city center (~20 min max), but it's not in the middle of the tourist mess. I live in San Francisco, so I really didn't want to stay in the equivalent of Union Square. This was perfect :D

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Leigh D

It is always a pleasure to read feedback like yours, and as always I appreciate the time you used to inform others of your "find".

You sum up pretty well, what we believe in - good old fashioned hospitality - yet also inform other readers of the advantages of getting away from the beaten path.

Once again, thank you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Charming rooms and public areas, lively location in a real neighborhood, fabulous breakfast, and excellent service from hands-on family owner-operators. If you need big hotel amenities, this may not appeal. But if want a home-way-from-home experience, the is the spot.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Heymarci

I much appreciate your review of your recent stay with us.

It pleases me to read that you found our hands-on approach to your liking, and that your stay with us contributed to a successful Copenhagen trip.

Looking forward to hosting you and your friends in the future.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Pro: Good location. There is a bus stop right in front and another one around the corner, so it's easy to get around. The street that the hotel is located on does not have much to offer, although there is a great restaurant or two. Also within walking distance in Meatpacking district there is Fiskebar a great fish place. Kingosgade and Frederiksberg Alle are full of little surprises. I try to avoid staying in places full of tourists, rather try to stay with the locals.
Con: Really didn't like to the room, horrible bathroom. It is not an urban oasis as described. The pictures are very inviting but once you are past the lobby, the rooms are very plain , not much character. There is also an unpleasant scent when you enter the room, probably because of lack of good air circulation. The bathrooms are tiny!!! Only one person could be in at a time. Toilet is basically in front of the tiny sink. You have to put your shampoo etc on top of the toilet since there is no room in a tiny shower. When I was drying my hair I kept hitting the walls , the room is so small and i am an average size person (60kg) Also I was sweating in the bathroom while trying my hair , no ventilation . I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Europe , this was the only one that I would never stay in again :(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear 2013Joanna

I much appreciate the time you have taken to post a review of your recent stay with us, and I am sure that other readers also will.

Indeed the bathroom facilities are small - however they are functional, meet all health and safety codes, and have all that is needed. You have to consider that we are not in a purpose built hotel, but in a building from the late 1800's, which has been modified a few times, which have also included installation of bathrooms.

I am though pleased that you found our immediate surroundings to be of the beaten tourist path, and this entailed that you enjoyed Copenhagen.

Nikolas HALL - Owner

Been to Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen? Share your experiences!