“Perfect place for Danish dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Danish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Zurich, Switzerland
“Perfect place for Danish dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We found this place by coincidence and thought it looked very charming from the outside when walking by. Luckily enough, the cuisine and the friendly waiters match the Danish charm of the Nordskovs Spisestue. The waiters were super friendly and took the time to translate the menu for us. It's not a super-fancy place, but good value, super friendly, very charming, and they do take the time and effort to make every dish something special, so they definitely won our hearts over. I recommend it highly if you want to get regional dishes, and also, there seemed to be quite a number of local guests.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bristol
“Absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Everything about this place was perfection for me.
The service was exceptional. There was one waiter working and he was friendly and attentive to every customer.
The menu was small but provided enough varied choice.
It was one of the best meals I've had, fresh and tasty and my friends felt the same way.
I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Forget about Noma - This is the real deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I was botn born and raised in Denmark and know all about Danish cuisine, moved to the US in 1983 and when back in the Old country look for the most authentic kitchens.

My broher in law, who still lives in Denmark, took us to Nordskov Spisestue (=dining room) which we would never have found on our own. What a treasure this little restaurant is: small, cosy, with authentic well made Danish food at a very reasonable price. I have been to Noma and found it pretentious and vastly overprised. If wanting a good, fancy, yet solid Danish meal, I would choose Nordskov over Noma any day - the price difference being an additional incentive!.

The restaurant, not surprisingly, was full on the Tuesday we went there. It is quite small, but very intimate in a non-intrusive way. The menue is quite limited, but representative of Danish quisine, and while you can order a la Carte, I strongly recommend to choose the "3 course menue option" which allow you to choose on appetizer, one main course and one desert for DKr 250 (~US$ 45). I chose a calf tatar as appetizer which was delicious, with raw scraped Calf tenderloin with an egg yolk and the trimmings - which was absolutely delicisous. For the main course I chose the off menue dish of the day, which was pork ankle, plentiful, cooked beutifully and very tatsy. For desert I chose a cheese plank with genuine, aged Danish cheese which tasted as I remember it, bringing tears to my eyes (as good cheese should) and accompanied with port soaked chopped prunes. We had very good US wine at $30 a bottle and a glass of 12 year old port in the end making for a final bill for 4 people with a 3 course meal, 2 bottles of wine and 2 glasses of port port of 1600 DKr (US$ 300) for which you could not buy one (in my opinion inferior) meal at Noma for one person. I was very happily surprised by being introduced to this gem!

Suffice to say - I highly recommend this restaurant, and just fear that reviews like mine is going to push pressure on the restaurant and prices up for next time I am in Copenhagen where I definitely plan to return to this excellent restaurant!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“A really great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We found this restaurant by reading the sprudge.com review of 10 Places To Eat, Drink, And Hang Out In Copenhagen (while looking for a decent flat white, which is another story…). The food was great and the staff were friendly and helpful. Portions were generous though not excessive, we had scallops and smoked salmon to start, followed by slow-cooked beef and halibut for main course - no room for pudding. We would definitely come back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great nordic food in cool neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Me and my boyfriend were looking for a scandinavian restaurant in the area, and found this through Trip Advisor. Such a good choice! The staff was super nice and friendly, when we asked to change table they immediately provided us with a new one. Prices are average in CPH (mains around 175 DKK) I had the dish of the day (deliciuos viel) and it was 119 DDK. Price in total for 2 mains (one of fish) and 2 beers was around 50 Euro (Because of the 25% taxes added to the bill). Will definitely recommend this!

• Visited March 2014