“Lovely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hero Kitchen

Hero Kitchen
Jarmers Plads 3, Copenhagen 1551, Denmark (Formerly HERO Street Kitchen)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #586 of 1,542 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Hero offers great food and very friendly service! Def a place to stop by when in Copenhagen :-) hip and friendly.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Much more than sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

It was a good surprise. This restaurant works in a hotel in the center of Copenhagen.
I decided to order something else than sushi and wen for a duck breast. Simply spectacular. Although it is a japanese restaurant, it does have much more than sushi. It's a great option for people who are in a group - or a couple - where one of them does not like sushi.
It is also good value.
Service was ok - not too good, not too bad, as it is generally the case in Copenhagen.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Good, but nothing to rave about.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Food was pretty good, but took way too long - considering it was good sushi but nothing special. Service was very mixed, forgot orders, non-attentive and felt rude at times.

This could be a great place - just hasn't got the right people in the kitchen and on the floor.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Good food spoiled by incompetent management.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I really want to like HERO because the food is excellent. Unfortunately the restaurant has terrible organisational problems that ruin the experience.

My first encounter with HERO was for sushi takeaway. I carefully selected what I wanted from their online menu where you can add items to the basket but cannot place an order. Why not? What a pointless waste of time!

You're told to call the restaurant - but unfortunately the order you wanted to make is now only summarised on the screen (it doesn't tell you the specific items, only fish type) so you have to start all over again figuring out what you wanted while on the phone. Very frustrating and not a good first impression!

When I arrived an hour later, the chef hadn't even started making my order yet. It was a tuesday night and the lone chef was clearly far too overworked. I had to wait another half an hour for my food to be made, meanwhile people were leaving the restaurant because they'd been waiting over an hour and their food still hadn't arrived. I overheard that tickets had been lost.

I asked if there was some kind of staffing problem, but was told "no, it's always like this".

The food, when I got it, was excellent however.

Wanting to give them a second chance, we booked again for an important dinner - a friend leaving the country forever.

Unfortunately the same story. One chef, overworked - people leaving without food. Overheard conversations about tickets being lost again.

We waited TWO HOURS to get our food - TWO HOURS!

To make matters worse, one diner at our table of six got all their food at once, a full hour before the rest of us, who were served in a drip-feed fashion from the kitchen - so she was long since finished while the rest of us starved.

Staff were apologetic and offered a 50% discount which was a fair gesture but not enough to resuscitate our disappointment - we all left angry and frustrated.

I wish them the best for the future, but it seems that at the moment the restaurant just doesn't have a grip on its choking organisational problems.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Basel, Switzerland
“a cosy sushi bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a dinner there after being recommended to the place by our hotel. It was a very nice experience. They do not serve sushi in the traditional way, but rather all dishes are made for sharing. The service was really nice, and a great choice of cocktails. We enjoyed the time there, and would come back again. A little expensive though....

Visited April 2013