“Rikke is the Best!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 95 Activities in Copenhagen
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Join a three hour tour around the center of Copenhagen...a tour with fairy tales of princes and princesses, devastating battles, courageous Viking warriors, politics and power struggles!! We will see the famous city landmarks and hear about why the Danes are the happiest people in the World! We might even show you some hidden away places to get a local Carlsberg beer. The tour starts, every day at 11 am, from the steps of the town hall on Raadhuspladsen. Just keep your eyes peeled for the smiliest guides in town, wearing green name badges brandishing a bright green umbrella. You can't miss us!
Orlando, Florida
“Rikke is the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Just finished the three hour tour led by Rikke, what a great job! She is knowledgeable, friendly, and kept things moving. We enjoyed the tour very much, thank you Rikke.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Berlin, Germany
“Very nice tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I just had a tour with anna. I think she combined the hsitorical stories and personal stories well during the tour. I can only recommend it for newcomers.
Maybe she could have spoken a bit slower. My sister could not follow her all the time.
Thanks anna for such a nice tour.

San Diego, California
“Very Good - A MUST DO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was on a business trip to Copenhagen with about a half day for sight seeing. I was originally here for the Sandeman free tour but to my good fortune they were not operating in May and I was lucky to find Rikke with the Copenhagen Free Walking Tour.

Rikke did an exceptional job of providing great information about the prominent landmarks, regaling visitors with stories about the history and culture of Copenhagen and of Denmark.
Her sense of humour is great and she ensured that we had enough time for a break and questions.
She is very passionate about her city and shared insider tips about best places to eat, drink, shop and photograph.

The tour is free and high quality.
I highly recommend this 2.5 hour tour for anyone who is a visitor to Copenhagen. Also a great way to meet fellow tourists.
All you have to do is just show up at 11 am on the steps of the Town Hall Square.

Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Rikke is awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went on a free walking tour in Tallinn and that was crap. I did not learn anything from her. Therefore when Charles told me we were going on another free walking tour in Copenhagen, I was hesitated. I was just afraid it would be a waste of time again.

To my surprise, our beautiful guide was informative and fun. We learned a lot from her.

This is reallyh cool, highly recommended!

Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Germany
17 attraction reviews
“Lack of useful Information”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have been doing the Free tours in many different cities and countries with the company New Europe, unfortunatelz this case they weren´t avalaible. I took the chance then with this company, why not. unfortunatelly this girl Anna was not good. I really don't care too much about you life experiences or your preferences for one place or other. I just want to hear history information, usefull tips, nice hostories involving the past of the city. In this time was just, guys you are here and this is what you can see, ok? Something important happened in this area? My recommention, please focus in important information and try to pay attention what your saying, because always the girl got lost. Take the walk tour with this company but not with this girl. Sorry, my personal opinion!

Visited May 2013
copenhagenguides, Manager at Copenhagen Free Walking Tours, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Rehr54

I’m sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the walking tour in Copenhagen. The walking tours we offer here are guided by local people who of course have their own likes and preferences about the city, which we enjoy sharing with visitors. You don’t have to share these preferences or opinions, as you may have other interests and find different things attractive. We have always found that the personable and individual nature of our tours is what makes them special, and evidentially very popular amongst other visitors.
The cold, hard historical facts can be read in any history book or guide book, our tour guides take great pride in weaving the history of the city into current culture and personal stories to make our walking tours the best, most entertaining tours in Copenhagen.

I hope you had a nice visit to Copenhagen despite having been disappointed by our walking tour.

Kind regards