“Funny, instructive and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 95 Activities in Copenhagen
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: GPS-guided bike tours. Explore Copenhagen at your own pace!Pick one of our thematic tours and embark on a two-wheeled urban discovery at your own pace. Each tour will take you along bike-friendly streets to both popular sights and hidden attractions. At each destination you can listen to original and well-researched stories. You can easily improvise from the suggested route - the GPS always leads you back on track. Only available in Copenhagen.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Funny, instructive and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have taken the Nørrebro-tour and it's been delightful. I had been plenty of times in the neighborhood but during this tour I discovered several 'hyggelige' places and got a good deal of really interesting background information.

I had a lot of fun during the tour, which felt a bit adventurous while biking off the beaten path and always very instructive. I enjoyed discovering unexpected spots, which are hidden to the mainstream visitors and I also enjoyed big time rediscovering the places I thought I knew. And all this in a comfortable way, where I was allowed to bike at my own pace and explore different routes without getting lost.

Bike the City tour through Nørrebro left me with a very good taste in my mouth.

Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
“Great Experience for lone travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I decided to give this self-guided bike tour a shot on my recent solo trip to Europe. Being my virgin bike tour experience as well as city bike riding experience, I was a little nervous at first, unsure if I would be able to navigate the city successful as it was only my first day here. This however, proved to be an unnecessary worry.

The bikes provided were simple but good enough for the purposes of the tour. The sun was very glaring so it's quite hard to see the gps at times, though this gets better further into the day. You get used to the navigation system pretty quickly, but don't expect it to be like the Garmin ones. Being older versions of smartphones, they are just a tad slower than the average iPhone gps.

The tours given at each stop are about 3~5 minutes long and very informative, though not as animate as you would imagine if compared to a person speaking. They also provide information on opening hours/things to look out for at the various places of interest. Most of the information provided are more modern (about what Danish people now do at these places of interest, renovation works in the past) rather than historical (stories behind the place etc.) though in general it was a good 50/50 mix of both.

I was told that I could return both the gps unit and the bike the next day so that was great as it gave me more flexibility in terms of my tour plans and I managed to fit in 2 tours into one afternoon. I had enough battery and time for a third one but was too tired by then. I would recommend this for the first day of travels in Copenhagen as it gives a detailed overview of all the places of interest. Thereafter, you can pick the places that interest you the most and explore further. Overall a very fulfilling and fun experience.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I organised a hen party in Copenhagen for 17 girls and when deciding which bike hire company to go for 'Bike the City' was an obvious choice, not only for their useful website and reasonable prices but also because of the great idea of having a GPS fitted to the bikes! This meant we didn't need to worry about directions or where we were going and we could just concentrate on the city and the sights! Also the staff were so helpful and really friendly. Overall this is a great way to see the city of Copenhagen!

BiketheCity, Owner at Bike the City, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hi Naomi

Thanks for your positive review. It was great fun to have you here - never had pink balloons flying around the bike shop before :-) I'm very happy that you and your friends enjoyed the tour.

All the best
Anton
London, United Kingdom
“This was the most amazing way to see the city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We are 2 couples in our early sixties who decided to hire bikes to tour around Copenhagen. I saw the Bike the City GPS tours advertised on the Visit Copenhagen site.
What you do is hire bikes from Copenhagen's oldest bike shop, Kobenhavns Cykleborsen, 157 Gothersgade (00 45 3314 0717) and also the GPS kit. Each person gets their own SAT NAV in a holder on their bike and you cycle the tour of your choice (ours was the Classic Copenhagen Tour), stopping at each sight to listen to a commentary on the phone which also displays the route.
It was fantastic. For 225 DKK each we spent the day cycling round, saw 13 sights and cycled 13 kilometers. I would recommend this to anyone as the best way of seeing Copenhagen and fantastic value for money.

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Try it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great self-guided bike tours of Copenhagen with their own GPS and audio-guide device. I recommend the tour Nørrebro especially!