The location of the hotel is great as it's in downtown city center. A good starting point for shopping and sightseeing. However, the room was very small and the bed as worse as it could be. We chose the Executive Double Room category but the size of the bed was only 1,20m and this for two persons! We asked for a room with a bigger bed or twin beds, but the answer was, that all beds are the same, also in a Suite!! (?!?) Furthermore the mattress was very soft and we couldn't sleep very well. We felt almost sea sick when the other made a little move... The bathroom was good, enough space for two ladies. However, there was no safety deposit box in the room what is very poor for a 4* hotel. The breakfast buffet was good, but service staff not friendly. No service staff member ever smiled. Also other staff members never smiled or were attentive. (e.g. keeping an elevator door open...) It seemed to us as these people are not happy to work there. To be fair, there were 2 exceptions at the reception on our check-out day: the tall danish looking guy with black glasses and the tall lady with black curly hair were very kind and helpful. Also when we picked up the luggage a friendly and helpful gentleman was there, maybe the manager? The decoration and the cleanliness of the hotel were very good. However, altogether I would rate this hotel as a 3* and I would not recommend it to people who used to stay in 4 or 5 star hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Square Hotel- a cool and trendy oasis in the heart of Copenhagen Hotel The Square is a central located hotel, just in front of the City Hall Square, with all attractions within easy reach and with Copenhagen Central Station just around the corner. The Hotel's minimalist style invites to a warm and quiet atmosphere and the hotel staff is known for friendly and welcoming service around the clock. There are a total of 268 rooms, spread over several room categories in which everyone has; aircoolingsystem, free Internet/WiFi, coffee/the set, minibar and more. There is the option of room service all week 7am-10am and 6pm-22pm. On the sixed floor in the hotel restaurant, overlooking the town, you can enjoy our delicious breakfast buffet. Open weekdays 7am-10am and weekends 7am -10:30am. There are 4 meeting- and conference rooms at the hotel which has various application possibilities, depending on the purpose. As a guest of the hotel, you have the opportunity, at cost, to use parking facilities around the hotel. Check-in can be made from 3pm and check-out time 12 noon. If you are in a hurry you can take advantage of our express check-out service. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your The Square Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Square Copenhagen Hotel Copenhagen
- Square Hotel Copenhagen
- The Square Hotel Copenhagen