This sparkling clean hotel is located within walking distance to Tivoli Gardens and the Stroget Pedestrian shopping street. The decor is Danish modern - feels very hip and trendy. The rooms are not huge, but they are roomy enough to include both a desk and sofa in addition to the large bed. Also included in the room are an ironing board and iron, mini-bar, and a small pot to heat water. There is no safe in the room. Wi-Fi was free and easy to access. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful, but services like luggage valet are not available. (You are welcome to use the valet cart on your own.) Also, while breakfast is available (which I cannot comment on as I did not use) there is no restaurant inside the hotel. We got our morning coffee and muffins from the coffee shop located right outside the lobby door.
My biggest complaint is about the bathroom lighting. The lighting is trendy pindots in the ceiling and some base lighting around ankle level. While this is sufficient to light the bathroom, trying to apply make-up or shaving is a real nightmare as the ceiling lights directly overhead cast terrible shadows on your face. (I suggest that the hotel, at the very least, include a lighted make-up mirror to alleviate this problem.) The hair dryer is attached to the wall so you cannot move into the other room to dry your hair. Overall, the bathroom was spotless and modern and would be terrific if the lighting could be adjusted.
Other reviews of this hotel mentioned a noise level from outside. I did see two construction areas outside the hotel, but we never heard or were bothered by any outside noise. (Our room was on the second floor.) Cab service was easy to get. The airport was about a 20 minute drive and the train station was about two blocks away. This was a nice hotel in a central location and I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Square Hotel- a cool and trendy oasis in the heart of Copenhagen Hotel The Square is a central located hotel, just in front of the City Hall Square, with all attractions within easy reach and with Copenhagen Central Station just around the corner. The Hotel's minimalist style invites to a warm and quiet atmosphere and the hotel staff is known for friendly and welcoming service around the clock. There are a total of 268 rooms, spread over several room categories in which everyone has; aircoolingsystem, free Internet/WiFi, coffee/the set, minibar and more. There is the option of room service all week 7am-10am and 6pm-22pm. On the sixed floor in the hotel restaurant, overlooking the town, you can enjoy our delicious breakfast buffet. Open weekdays 7am-10am and weekends 7am -10:30am. There are 4 meeting- and conference rooms at the hotel which has various application possibilities, depending on the purpose. As a guest of the hotel, you have the opportunity, at cost, to use parking facilities around the hotel. Check-in can be made from 3pm and check-out time 12 noon. If you are in a hurry you can take advantage of our express check-out service. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HRS, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your The Square Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Square Copenhagen Hotel Copenhagen
- Square Hotel Copenhagen
- The Square Hotel Copenhagen