“An incredible beer selection” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Brew Pub, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Houston, Texas
“An incredible beer selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

If you're a beer enthusiast, I don't think it'll come as news to you that this bar has an astounding beer selection. Their draft offerings are great and richly varied, but it's their bottle collection that truly stands out. It's as immense as it is well-curated. I found the Evil Twin Even More Jesus, which is probably my all-time favorite beer, as well as a few really fantastic ones (Westvleteren 8, for example) that I just love to have every time I get the chance.

That said, the local *is* rather tiny, and it gets crowded really quickly. I didn't hang around for too long after it got packed, but frankly, it didn't seem like the kind of crowd one, as an out-of-towner, yearns to be around. I did find the bartenders cordial enough, but (understandably), once the locals come in, the quality of the service gets a little diluted.

The next time I am in Copenhagen, I'll be there in a heartbeat. That's the beer enthusiast and the tourist in me talking. But as a bar, it wouldn't be the place I would frequent, even if I had it a block away from my house.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Tallinn, Estonia
“Superb beers, but poor service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I love Mikkeller brewery, concept and their beers a lot. The bar is tiny but very suitable for this kind of niche beer experience. But the evening we went there seemed to be not one of the best nights of staff so we experienced really nasty and unpleasant service. It killed the vibe and left really bad memory of this place.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oslo, Norway
“Best place for beers in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I went there during CBC, and my purpose was to try out a few beer places in Copenhagen. This is one of the best (only rivaled by the other Mikkeller bar). A very good selection of beers, nice atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014
Oslo
“Mikkeller < Superb Danish Beer > Yes Please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We chose a hotel close to this bar so we could go here often. Plenty of types of beer, some of them I'm confident you haven't tried - want some sour? chocolate? whiskey? The bar is not to big, but we had no problem finding a table or some chairs when we were there. >And the staff is helpful if you don't know what you want. A variety of people were there young, business, rock-dudes, and an old lady. They have it all.
Go here to have a break to try some of the finest danish beer available. SkÅL!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Malmö, Sweden
“Nice little pub with a variety of beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a small and nice hipster beer bar with good quality speciality beers. Good atmosphere and ok prices. Choose from small glas or large glas. Well worth a visit to drink other than Carlsberg beer.

Visited May 2014