“I did not expect much, but was still disappointed.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Jorgensen
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   RomersGade 11, Copenhagen 1362, Denmark (Indre By)   |
Ranked #92 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Struer, Denmark
“I did not expect much, but was still disappointed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Yes its a budget hotel, but still one can expect a room to be cleaned when you get the key - mine wasn't and the receptionist couldn't care less. "we'll see if we can get it done when you return, but I cant promise".

The wall in the room are paperthin so you hear everything that goes on next door - lets just say I know all the details of Norwegian lovemaking!

I got a room next to a door to the hall way, so every single opening and closing of said door was felt in my room.

Breakfast was there - coffee was ok, the rest forget it Bring your own.

But location is great - easy to get to by train or Metro and max 10 mins walk to centre of town, and in the area are many good ethnic restaurants and cafes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is hostel was probably the cheapest I could find and I must say that I am quite disappointed at the quality of this hostel. The smell of mold reeked throughout out the bottom level. Much of the rooms were in the basement, which had to be the most dirtiest part of the hostel. You pay for linen and a towel and the bunk beds were really crammed and quite uncomfortable especially if you were tall. It was maze trying to get through the billiard/common area but the showers were unclean as well. The vending machines were cheap and you could make coffee, hot chocolate or tea on the floor just below reception. Breakfast is 35 kroner which is not bad for what you get. The most clean areas were the reception and got gradually more dirtier as you went down. The staff were nice but did not seem to willing to help their guests. Unless you are tight on money and need a place
that is cheaper, I would avoid this hostel and find another one that is more cleanly and well kept.

I will absolutely avoid this hostel during my next trip to Copenhagen. Let's just say you get what you pay for when it comes to this hostel.

• Stayed October 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Me and other 2 female friends booked female only dorm. The location of the hotel is strategic since you can directly go from Copenhagen airport to Norreport station which is very close to the hotel. The room is small and cramped, and considering we are Asians and quite petite, it is still a bit too small for us. It is best to pay in DKK because when we give 210 euro (when the balance is 207 euro) the front desk guy did not give us our change back. The room has only been cleaned once during our 3 nights stay. By the second night, it already feel a bit too dusty and unclean. Considering we rented female only dorm, a stranger (man) knocked and opened our door to let us know the breakfast is ready. That is a bit unsafe and the front desk guy claimed he did not know who was the man.

Shower is decent. The toilet was quite a mess considering no one replaces the toilet roll, and the floor was not cleaned. By the second day, our other roommate moved out from the place and went to Hostel Generator. The only reason we stayed was because we had no more energy to move from one place to another.

The breakfast is okay as it is included for Saturday and Sunday. Lots of choices for free breakfast.

If its only for a short stay and you think you can stand a bit of itchiness (due to unclean sheet?) then you are up for the hotel.

Location is very good though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Very close to Norreport station, and a very good price for an emergency stay for the night (185 Kr hostel)

You are required to rent sheets (25Kr) unless you have your own

I was almost homeless for the night after 39 hours waiting and flying and desperately needed a place to stay. Stayed at this place, and if I weren't exhausted I do not think I would ever manage to sleep a wink at that place. I'm not sure if it was just our room, but Copenhagen was a very pleasant 20 degrees that night, but our room felt close to 35 degrees. Woke up in the middle of the night to discover the windows only let a crack of fresh air in, but not enough to bring the temperature down. The beds also felt extremely unstable, literally on the verge of collapse, I am unsure as to how the person below me felt sleeping above a bed that might just crumble if I moved. Furthermore, no ladder was provided, so I have to use the shelves as steps.

I took a shower late at night, when it was empty. The showers were reasonably clean, although the floor could use a wiping. The toilets are small, but also clean.

I do not recommend this hostel for anything other than emergency stays. Price is good, location is good, book in, stay a night, move out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Elblag, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We’ve stayed 3 nights there in the 12-beds dorm room. It was dirty and not smell good but the other rooms was clean. It’s good located and price (for Copenhagen). Great breakfast – included in price. I’m not really recommend that place – only in emergency situation and for short stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Location and price for hostel dorm room is good. However, the room I stayed in was very cramped as well as the showers. There was only couple plugs in the room for ten people. Sheets are for rent (unless you bring your own)

• Stayed March 2012
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Decent location, pretty close to a metro station. But its quite a walk from the main train station though. The hostel is mostly underground and is literally a maze. Rooms and bathrooms are average, nothing spectacular and not very clean. No lockers to store your stuff. The only real plus is the free breakfast, the spreads and cold cuts on offer are really good ! There is a big hall area to hang out in and meet other backapackers.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Jorgensen? Share your experiences!