“Excellent value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Savoy Hotel

You added Savoy Hotel to your Saves list
Savoy Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   VesterbroGade 34, Copenhagen 1620, Denmark (Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave)   |
Ranked #22 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Berlin, Germany
“Excellent value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Fast, reliable internet (free). Location superb - just 15min walk to city center. Room was very clean, had coffee and tea facilities and a table. Room was a bit small, but it was okay. Had safe, so wasn't a prob to leave notebook and stuff. Staff very professional and spoke perfect English. Breakfast was very decent (though if I would stay there 3+ nights that would be a bit boring. Coffee at breakfast was alright. Location perfect. Internet fast, Price - exceptionally good. Staff very nice. You also have an option to extend you stay for I believe about 200 DKK you can stay until 16.00 which I though was a very good option if desired. All together very good value. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was at the top floor. Didn't hear any guests etc.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear FreakWentTraveller,

Thank you for your review about our hotel.

I look forward to see you again in Copenhagen.

Christian Oxlund

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

First time in Copehagen . On a pleasure trip and on the second day of a four night stay. We arrived at 8 in the morning and the staff was SO helpful and friendly A young lady with dark hair but I failed to get her name. she allowed us to check in early and offered for us to have breakfast while we waited for our room to be ready. that was our first pleasant surprise at the Savoy.

the rooms are extremely cozy with very nice windows which open up on it down to a courtyard allow a good breeze into the room. the bed were extremely comfortable and appointed with very good Linens. although we were on the second floor with the windows open we heard no no worries whatsoever from the street .

the breakfast room was very nice and had excellent pastries and soft boiled eggs as well as an excellent coffee and espresso machine. the young lady who provide service in the breakfast room was very nice and was always smiling. and the cleaning staff was also very pleasant and did a great job on cleaning our room everyday.

the location was excellent for exploring Copenhagen with the central train station only about 3 blocks away. and all regards I do not think we could have selected a better hotel in Copenhagen. it is always so refreshing to travel to Europe where hotel staff is always very friendly and accommodating

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Don D,

Thank you very much for a very positive review.

And especially thank you for mentioning the maids preparing and servicing your rooms, and the breakfast staff!

I hope that we will be able to welcome you again in Copenhagen some day.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I came for business for one night to Copenhagen and chose Savoy Hotel. A very nice experience, all you need from an independent hotel- friendly staff, nice room, good bed, good shower, good breakfast.
I would highly recommend Savoy Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bim66,

Thank you very much for your positive review about the Savoy Hotel.

I hope to be able to welcome you again in near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Conveniently located near to train station & all required amenities. Very friendly & helpful staff. Room was ample & clean. Included breakfast was very good (continental buffet style)! All-in-all recommended for any type of short trip to this lovely city.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear AndyVilla,

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you again in Savoy Hotel Copenhagen.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel is very close to the train station , the staff are really friendly and helpful,rooms are very nice if a bit small (it is an old building with lots of character ) would definately stay here again ,in fact i wish i was there now. LOVED COPENHAGEN

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Buster47,

Thank you for your positive review about our little charming hotel.

We hope to be able to welcome you again in Copenhagen.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was my 4th stay in this hotel - great location, friendly staff and a top breakfast. The rooms are small but spotless and have all you need. There's currently building work next door but this didn't disturb us and can't be helped.
Rooms have been refurbished since my last stay and am sure that I'll be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dave,

Thank you very much for your review. It means a lot to us.

We look forward to welcome you a 5th time!

Scarsdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was in Copenhagen in between business trips, and stayed in what was touted as "best economy hotel" - and I couldn't agree more. The single room was tiny, but very clean and was all I needed, really. There was a comfortable twin bed, small desk, TV, and a closet of sorts with enough hangers for all I had for this long stay. The bathroom had the kind of shower with no separation other than a curtain from the toilet and the sink, and a drain in the floor. But the shower had great power and excellent temperature control. There was also a clothes-drying line, for which I was grateful, and used. Even the hairdryer was great - not some half-powered thing. I was able to control the temperature on the heater in the room, too, so I was always comforable, even on the coldest of nights! The buffet breakfast included in the room fee was fine. A couple of meat selections, cheese, breads, pastries, cereals, fruits and yogurts, as well as coffee and tea. There was also a juice dispenser. The juices were a little weak / watery, but hardly worth mentioning here. The location was good - about 7 minutes walk to / from the train station, and very near the Planetarium and park. They have an interesting pass code entry system to your room here. Instead of key, you are given a passcode to enter on the keypad on your door. I'd not seen this before, but it was convenient - no lost or non-functioning plastic key cards here! Very friendly staff, nice lobby and other public spaces, too. In case a person needs time out of their room, the lobby, or even the chair by the elevator on your floor is a nice place to sit to read. Like any hotel, you can hear other room doors closing, so I simply did my best not to slam, and hope others did, as well. Free wifi throughout the hotel is a welcome perk, at least for this traveller. I don't get that everywhere, though it should be standard worldwide by now, I think! Really friendly and helpful staff, too. I booked this hotel through Expedia, after reading great reviews here on TripAdvisor. I was guaranteed a late arrival up until midnight (or was it 11pm), anyway, I came in with about a half hour or so to spare. The attendant was expecting me, and this was actually very nice. I felt welcomed from the moment I arrived. I was genuinely pleased with my most pleasant stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ChristianOxlund, Owner at Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Corsagi,

Thank you for taking time to write this review.

I am glad you enjoyed the stay, and that you would like to stay here again.

I look forward to welcome you in the future,

Christian Oxlund

Been to Savoy Hotel? Share your experiences!