Fantastic hotel, best location in Copenhagen and amazing rooms. I stayed in the new wing and although facing a busy part of Copenhagen (bars), there was no noise. Amenities including the one-of-a-kind minibar were superb. Hands down the best 5 star experience I have had in Europe. In addition to the overall great impression, 2 x-factors I would like to mention:
1) the breakfast. Had scramble with truffles and leek (I think) which was absolutely outlandish.
2) My room was not ready upon arrival. I made a note in the review when checking out and was contacted shortly after by the hotel director who apologized, explained and offered me a free upgrade and a bottle of champagne on my next visit. He didn't have to do that, it shows great customer focus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Denmark's leading five-star hotel is located in a landmark building overlooking the lovely King’s Square in the heart of Copenhagen. Hotel d’Angleterre is renowned for our luxurious accommodations, fully personalized services and outstanding hospitality. With more than 250 years of history, Copenhagen's finest hotel can also pride itself on being one of the oldest hotels in the world. We have welcomed many prominent guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hotel D'Angleterre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- d Angleterre Hotel Copenhagen