I staid here for a couple of nights for a work trip to Copenhagen and I honestly could not bring myself to like the place.
The overall look and feel of the place (no room service, no in room wifi, no mini bar) is that of one of those hostels where you can get private rooms as well as dorms.
I didn't find it modern I found it squalid and shabby. Both room and bathroom are spacious but everything is absolutely plain, white, with nothing to cheer up the environment. The bathroom (specially the sink) could do with a bit of refurbishing as some items (specially the sink) are very old.
It was although clean and sleep quality good (it is by the train station but from the 3rd floor you could barely hear the trains in the distance).
Good points about it:
- breakfast was tasty
- the hotel is located within a sports center with gym and swimming pool that you can access for a decent fee (30 DKK for hotel guests)
- walking distance from both Tivoli and downtown
- right beside the train station
Beside this I found it sad. even for an average business hotel and incredibly overpriced (238€ for a room which is not worth it: ok we're in Denmark and everything is expensive but it felt like a rip off!). Maybe I don't fully understand Danish minimalism....
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your DGI-byens Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dgi Byen Hotel Copenhagen