“Nice Hotel in the Center of Copenhagen” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vester Farimagsgade 17, Copenhagen 1606, Denmark (Indre By)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20-30%
Ranked #50 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel in the Center of Copenhagen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Quite a nice hotel, the location is excellent for a city break, a short walk to the Tivolli or the station.
The lift is a bit strange and very small. The staff were very friendly and the place is well kept.
The rooms are a little dated but kept clean in good order, The insulation on the windows is good, quadruple glazing. I couldn't hear a peep from the street but when I opened the windows I was surprised by how noisy the city is. The bed was unbelievably comfortable and I had a great night sleep. Breakfast was quite nice and there was good selection to choose from.
Would I stay here again? In a word Yes!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Chrisradioman,

thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

It is great to hear that you had a good night sleep, that is our aim for all guests :-)

Being in the city center has both pros and cons, you have the view, but also some noise with it. I am glad to hear that the noise was not an issue due to the proper windows.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Have a lovely day!

Management Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Greek first
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed four nights in this hotel near the Copenhagen Central Station. We were given a newly-remodeled room on the first floor, and it was very comfortable. We had a modern, clean room with a large king bed, and plenty of space to spread out. The included breakfast buffet was adequate and delicious, but not the “all everything” type that you would want to spend 2-3 hours enjoying (as in Warsaw hotels, for example). The lobby area is somewhat limited, with check-in and a bar area and large aquarium tank sharing the same space. The staff was very friendly, but overworked during busy times. The only real negative for the hotel is muffled train noise from tracks across the street, and sometimes loud music from the bar area at night. This hotel is above average, but a bit on the pricey side compared to other hotels in the area with similar amenities.

Room Tip: We had a newly-remodeled room on the first floor at the front of the building. Not sure about rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Carlton E,

thank you for taking time to provide us with a review of your recent stay with us, it is truly lovely to hear that you would return to us when visiting Copenhagen.

Good to hear that you enjoyed our new rooms, we put a lot of hard work into them :-)

I am not sure though that I agree on the lobby being limited sized. We added the aquarium for decor/entertainment purposes and I feel that there is a good space to relax or to enjoy a drink in the lobby bar.

We do hope that our staffs performance was satisfactory to you, as you say, sometimes it can get very busy and we need to multitask. It is high season now, there is a lot happening in the city, which is great, but definitely puts a pressure all of us.

Copenhagen in general is a very expensive city to visit, I do hope you feel that you got your money worth, our new luxury rooms are the best we can offer. :-)

have a lovely day!

toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

The location is excellent, very close to the train station, an easy walk even with luggage. Right on the edge of the historic old town and very close to Tivoli. Our room faced the street, and was exceptionally noisy because of the train tracks just beyond the street. Hundreds of trains per day. Fortunately the windows were extraordinary and blocked out all the noise. On the other hand, with the windows closed it was difficult to cool the room to sleep. Room was clean if Spartan. The mattress was only fair; it seemed like a piece of foam over the box spring.

Room Tip: Avoid room facing the street!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear WarrenP55,

thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We understand that it was an inconvenience to have the windows open for better temperature in the room, because of the noise. Our rooms facing the backyard might not have the fantastis view of the city, but are definitely less noisy when opening the windows.

Would you mind letting me know the number of the room your stayed in? The matrasses have an extra protection matress to, which should increase the comfort, but I would very much like to have a look at the bed, to see if it needs changing?

Have a lovely day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Been to this hotel twice now, and have really enjoyed both times!
The hotel is ideally located - 5-10mins walk from the station, and enables easy access to city centre. (Many bars, restaurants nearby, plus cinema opposite for those cold evenings.)
The hotel offers a good breakfast which kept us going through a days exploring.
Try and get a room facing the city as that way you get a wonderful view each morning.
Beds comfy and staff very pleasant. When I return to Copenhagen will most defiantly be retuning to this establishment.

Stayed December 2013
Dear 229luke229,

we are so please to hear that you return gladly to us. Thank you for giving us your feedback on your stays with us.

Did you see that we got some new rooms on the first floor, which have wall to wall windows for an even better view of the city?

It is lovely to hear that everything was to your satisfaction, we are looking forward to welcome you again!

Hudson Valley, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I had 3 nights at the Mercur off Vester Farimagades 2 blocks from Copenhagen Main Station. The location allows an easy walk to the Main Station, Tivoli Park, Theater, parks, City Hall square and plenty more. The hotel was clean, efficient and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included (plenty of variety and local delicious cuisine) and WiFi is also free - with good signal. The price I received was very good, but the location is quite central to things that I wanted.

I

Room Tip: In warm weather - I suggest a room on the back-side of the hotel as the front faces the train tracks...
Dear Chris O,

we appreciate your review and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Copenhagen.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This hotel is well located in Copenhagen. It was good value for money. The rooms were of a good size and the bed was very comfortable.A real plus when you are traveling a lot . Theresa no airconditioning butvwas not necessary as the area was quiet during the night. The only down side there was no refrigerator in The room, otherwise all good.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the main road.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Johnno15,

thank you for sharing you experience here, it is good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Unfortunately most of our rooms do not have the build in air-condition, but we provide fans. However there is barely need for air condition in the danish summer.

But we also have 10 brand new rooms where we installed air-condition, to maximize the comfort, and the windows there are even more sound proof than the rest of the hotel.

Check them out next time around! :-)

romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is a nice hotel, with decent priced rooms, close to the main station in Copenhagen. There is nothing outstanding about it, but it's a good mix of location, price and quality. The room was clean and quiet, staff was helpful, an overall good experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear ggabi,

thank you for a review of your recent stay with us.

It is lovely to hear that you were satisfied with our services, I make sure to pass your comments on to my colleagues.

Management Assistant

Been to BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel? Share your experiences!