“Nice hotel but I didn't get to stay in it due to it being overbooked” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Copenhagen Admiral Hotel

You added Copenhagen Admiral Hotel to your Saves list
Copenhagen Admiral Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Toldbodgade 24- 28, Copenhagen 1253, Denmark (Indre By)   |
Special Offer
free WIFI
Ranked #21 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice hotel but I didn't get to stay in it due to it being overbooked”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Was really looking forward to my stay at the Admiral hotel however ended up getting walked next door due to the hotel being oversold. I was not happy with that but it being so late I didn't have a choice. They were not prepared to offer me anything for their mistake but when I complained again the next morning, they allowed me to eat breakfast at their hotel while I was waiting for my family who were arriving off a cruise ship expecting me to be staying there. I can say that I have been to the hotel once before and that stay was nice which is why I wanted to return. Unfortunately, it was not to be this trip and I really needed to have had that relaxing evening. I just want to comment that this hotel has an excellent location, accessible from the airport and walking distance to Strøget and the Little Mermaid. Be aware that there is no air-conditioning however I was there both times in the summer and it was not a problem for me. I would try the hotel one more time but I hesitate with this last experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed at the Admiral from May 26 through May 30, 2014. Everything about the hotel was excellent and striking to the eye.. Staff were extremely friendly, helpful and professional giving us maps and directions etc.. The hotel restaurant had a very good, but limited menu, however there were many places to eat convenient to the hotel such as the restaurants on the canal at Nyhavn. Location was great and the Hop On - Hop Off bus stopped in front of the hotel making it convenient to get to all of the attractions. Our room overlooked the canal and there was some construction going on, but it was barely noticeable and the view was great.

Make sure you spend at least 3 days to take in all of the sites.

Room Tip: Best Rooms are overlooking the canal and on a high floor away from the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Like most of the reviewers the best thing about this hotel is the location. In the heart of the Nyhavn district just a stones throw away from the busy pubs/cafes/ice cream shops but quiet enough.

There is construction going on opposite the hotel at the moment. We were there are the weekend and there was no noise, but all construction was closed. We did however have lots of noise from wedding parties on both nights we were there. We had requested a sea view and on arrival was told that there would be noise due to the weddings. It didn't bother us so we were happy to say in the sea view but if you really like peace and quiet a city view during the summer wedding season might be best. As the outside bar is right below some of the rooms. One night they were up talking (loudly) until about 3am and without air con you just have to have the windows opened.

Outside bar is lovely, great place to sit and watch the world go by. Breakfast was good (although for some reason only some rooms get to eat it in the nice restaurant whilst most had to sit in the over-flow room).

Overall a nice hotel with a great location. If arriving by plane use the metro. Its so much cheaper about £3.50 each person. Stop is about 15 min walk to hotel but the taxi price is about £30.00 each way! and they take about the same time

Troon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was more expensive than a lot of the hotels that we looked at in Copenhagen & we found the experience a bit disappointed. Fortunately we don't spend a lot of time in our hotel. We got offered an upgrade to a canal facing room however due to building work this wasn't the upgrade we thought it would be.
The hotel itself is lovely, full of wooden beams, very spacious, really good location for Nyhaven & all the city attractions. The front desk staff are very friendly & helpful & the breakfast was good although this wasn't included in our rate.
The main issue is housekeeping.... We had a obviously marked sheet which housekeeping ignored, when we asked reception to have it changed, this still wasn't done by the time we returned late in the evening, we had to change it our self. Glasses didn't get replaced, we had to ask for the tea & coffee facilities to be replenished. Felt the housekeeping team made minimum effort which is disappointing. The rooms are very warm with no AC although a fan is provided.
Despite this is a lovely place to stay but not sure it warrants the price we paid for it though..

Room Tip: At the time of this review there is building work getting carried out on the canal side therefore qu...
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I just want to comment that this hotel has excellent location - quite near the airport and walking distance to Strøget and the Little Mermaid.
There is no aircon but the weather in CPH was just right when I visited.
They have a vending machine at the ground floor just in case someone needs anything urgent like female set for monthly visit or even USB flash drives.
Breakfast is good but almost the same everyday.

Room Tip: Pick the one facing the harbor to have a better view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Having researched many hotels in centre of Copenhagen I eventually plumped for a junior suite - not much more than deluxe dble - in canal side Admiral Hotel which is larger than we would usually stay in. Most hotels I looked at didn't have air con and had small bathrooms so I knew what to expect but the location and friendly helpful staff made up for this. The bed was extremely comfortable too. The breakfasts were quite comprehensive so we could splurge on dining out. Our junior suite had two levels and plenty of windows to open and create good air flow. We found out that there is plenty of building work going on all around Copenhagen so we were not too dissapointed and as the nights are very light and the works start early we were able to make very full use of our time exploring this wonderful city and their truly charming and friendly people. It is expensive to stay in Copenhagen but nevertheless we intend to return sooner rather than later.

Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was my second visit to this hotel. The first time was approximately December 2013, my impression then was an adequate hotel.
My visit in April when I stayed, in the same style room was so much more impressive - not sure if the management has changed but the staff were so much happier, attentive and just friendlier! Simply makes the experience so much more enjoyable

I had dinner in Salt, that too appeared to have improved greatly. Well done and the beet root dessert - memorable.

Room Tip: I think the waterfront rooms offer the best of the location. I think most rooms have same look and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Copenhagen Admiral Hotel? Share your experiences!