“If you do nothing else do this - and its free” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SANDEMANs NEW Copenhagen Tours

SANDEMANs NEW Copenhagen Tours
Radhuspladsen 3, Copenhagen, Denmark (Indre By)
+49 (0)30 510 50030
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 95 Activities in Copenhagen
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For hundreds of years the Danes were an unstoppable force of warriors, explorers and settlers – uniting Scandinavia, discovering America and bringing terror to the shores of Europe. Today Copenhagen’s history of fire and bloody battles lies hidden behind picturesque streets and colorful harbors.As the days of conquest passed, Danish power was replaced with a rich cultural legacy of writers, artists and philosophers. The fairytale feel of the city where Hans Christian Andersen wrote is the home of incredible stories and unbelievably true histories: Viking adventurers; pirate-hunting Bishop Absalon; daring Danish WWII resistance fighters and more.Our local expert guides will take you on a 3 hour walking tour through 6000 years of Copenhagen’s history and you’ll find out why the Danes are some of the happiest people in the world!
Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“If you do nothing else do this - and its free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

This waking tour was great, done a lot of walking tours and this one was the best. Great to do on your first day so you can see what interests you most and then go explore more on your own. Well worth it.

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
“A great way to see Copenhagen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We really loved the couple of hours we spent with Anna wandering around Copenhagen, learning the history and culture of the city. It was great to have a Copenhagen local as a guide and she made for an informative and engaging tour. I would definitely recommend this tour!

Visited November 2012
Canberra, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Fantasic walking tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have always found the Sandemans company to provided excellent tours and Copenhagen was no exception. Anna was a fantastic guide, and like always, I appreciate hearing from a local about their country / city. The tour really increased my knowledge of Danish history and allowed me to make a few friends to have a beer with upon the conclusion.

I recommend this tour to anyone in Copenhagen.

Visited October 2012
Walnut Creek, California
“Copenhagen Free Walking Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our daughter sent us on a tour of Berlin and we loved it. A few days later, we visited Copenhagen along with Hamburg and Amsterdam taking Sandemanns tours in each location. Igor (Copenhagen) was excellent. He was full of fun facts, kept it interesting and entertaining and we felt like we learned a lot during our tour. We will recommend these tours to all our friends!

Visited October 2012
México
5 attraction reviews
“Cheresse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My sister and I visited Copenhaguen by the end of August this year and decided to go on the Sandemans Tour. She had previously gone on one and it was my first time going on a tour with this company, but I had the best impression of the company. Our guide (Cheresse) was extremely funny, friendly, and knew Copenhaguen's history very well. The tour, while it was a bit long, really succeeded my expectations, as it was entertaining just as it was informative and I feel that I walked away with a better understanding of the city, which allowed me to enjoy my stay much more.
Again, Cheresse made a big difference. After Copenhaguen I went on tours with the company in Berlin, Barcelona and Paris and it definetely wasn't the same, the guides couldn't live up to Cheresse's standards!

Visited August 2012