“A good hotel is where the airlines staff stays...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #17 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“A good hotel is where the airlines staff stays...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

In my experience the hotel where the airline staff stay is usually the place I want to stay. The Copenhagen Marriott is no exception as even Emirates had their folks staying here. The location is close to the airport, perhaps a 10 minute ride. It is also convenient to several spots you want to visit while in town. We arrived early (around 10am) and our rooms were actually ready, which allowed us to drop off our bags and head out.

The Hop On Hop Off busses have a stop right in front of the hotel which is pretty convenient. After you've been to a few of the sights (Tivoli Gardens, very close) and you want something good to eat, take a walk down to the Nyhavn area (an easy walk from the hotel) where there are numerous restaurants to choose from.

As far as Marriott's go this place was pretty good. My wife is in the "club" which gave us access to the concierge level, which provides free breakfast and late afternoon and evening drinks and appetizers. But if you want to have a good amount of Breakfast, go early! The place was packed every morning and if you are too late all the good stuff is gone.

Ask for a room with a few of the river, behind the hotel. Otherwise you will just overlook the road in front of the hotel. If you want to take a short walk and see a few sites the area lends itself to a nice, pleasant walk without going too far. You can use one of the bridges to cross the river.

They also have a very nice fitness center, and many of the cardio machines have TV's available for watching. They also have free weights too. Above average.

The hotel staff were all very pleasant, especially the front desk staff. But when they get busy the lobby gets a little crowded. If you pre-checkout it helps a lot.

So, very good location, near tourist attractions, safe area, walking distance to nice restaurants, free breakfast. All in all I'd stay here again on my next trip to Copenhagen.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back of the hotel. Much better views and quieter. Enjoy a cocktail outside and w...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Right across from the live music for the Jazz Festival in July. Perfect views, with great services. Highly recommend the Executive Lounge. Hotel was within walking distance of the train station and most of the major attractions.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Great hotel, clean, and centrally located. The breakfast (included in our package) was very tasty, with your choice of eggs, sausage, breads and cereals. Most Hop on Hop Off tour buses stop right outside the hotel, can't beat that for convenience. If you're taking a cruise the hotel is only 10 minutes from the dock.

My only grievance was the concierge, we had asked for restaurant recommendations and he suggested Koefoed Restaurant, one of the worst restaurants I have ever had the unfortunate experience of eating in.

All in all a great hotel, would definitely stay here next time I'm in Copenhagen.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Prior to visiting Copenhagen I went back and forth on different hotel options before choosing the Marriott. In retrospect, I would have chosen a property more centrally located, less expensive and more service oriented. As a Marriott Gold Elite member I regularly use Marriott and as a result my expectations are probably somewhat demanding however this property has some major service and management issues that are glaring. My wife and I flew to Copenhagen from Amsterdam after a wonderful four nights at the Amsterdam Marriott and upon our arrival at the hotel were consumed by the cruise ship passenger madness that made access to the reception area almost impossible. I looked for the Elite check-in line but there was utter chaos everywhere. No lines and basically a free for all with no direction from the staff and no managers to be seen. When we finally got to the counter there was no recognition of my Elite Status not even a thank you for my loyalty and patience. In addition upon check-in I advised the hotel that I would be staying 3 nights rather than 4. The receptionist look bewildered and stated that she had to check with her manager to get his approval. I had never encountered this at a Marriott before especially since the room was not prepaid and the hotel only required 24 hour notice for changes. She disappeared to a rear office and after another wait she came back to tell me they had "approved" my change and checked me into my Executive Room on the top floor.

The room itself was spacious, bright and well appointed in contemporary Danish design. There was adequate storage, in room wifi and the bathroom was very nice with a good selection of premium toiletries. I had requested a river view but instead I got a city view with an empty lot across the street. The king bed seemed fairly new but it was not as comfortable as the comfort beds in other Marriott's. This floor also housed the executive lounge which had a wonderful river view but was small and always crowded probably because everything in Copenhagen is so expensive so why not take advantage of the free wine and food. When I requested that they turn the TV in the lounge to the world cup games I was told that Marriott policy is that the TV "must" stay on CNN. I know this is not true since I had just stayed at Marriott's in Brussels and Amsterdam which had all the games on even after regular club closing hours.

I must take issue with some reviewers who laud the location of this hotel. Yes it is on the river and the walk along the river is nice. However there is not a restaurant, café or any type of store less than a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel. The area from the hotel to Tivoli or the old city is commercial and not very appealing. The hop on hop off bus stops in front of the hotel which was basically our lifesaver. Try and get a bike if you can and it would be nice if the hotel offered this service. By the third day we were so sick of the same uninspiring walk to the attractions that we decided to just hang at the hotel. That would be fine except that he food and beverage service was the worst I have encountered. The lobby bar was so understaffed that many people walked away because it was impossible to get a drink or pay your bill if you were lucky enough to get served. The staff did their best but no one knew how to make proper drinks. At one point someone resembling a manager went behind the bar, berated a staff person then retreated to his office instead of lending a hand. Service on the outdoor river promenade was even worse and the area was often closed for service despite great weather. We decided the best option was to get a drink from the lounge and bring it to the patio ourselves.

We also had several meals in our room except that no one ever collected the dirty dishes. By day three there was a pile of dirty dishes in the hall that no one bothered to pick up until I complained. This was on the Executive level so it is hard to imagine went on elsewhere in the hotel. It is a shame that the service is so horrible in an otherwise attractive and deluxe property. It seems that the local management is not capable of running this property. Copenhagen is a wonderful place with great people but this hotel experience left a very negative experience and I suggest seeking other options until the issues are addressed.

Room Tip: high floor river view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Laurentiu L, Guest Relations Manager at Copenhagen Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Copenhagen Marriott Hotel!

We take great pride ensuring our guests’ satisfaction, especially for our Elite loyal members such as yourself, thus your comments have been communicated to those departments involved and shared with the management team in order to proactively be used to enhance the hotel product and service.

Please rest assured that the inconveniences experienced with us are certainly not conducive to Copenhagen Marriott’s high standard of service.

We would like to regain your trust and ensure you have an exceptional stay during your next visit!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

A prominent and well recognised property, the hotel is conveniently located for both trains and the airport. Should one choose to use it, the city bus serving the airport has a stop a short walk away.
The hotel seems to be a staging post for tours and cruises and the large hotel lobby can be calm one moment and then suddenly buzzing with a huge influx of people the next. Despite that, the hotel manages it quite well and in an orderly manner.
We reached at a quiet time and were checked in by a charming young person (Ms Guljen) who did not treat us with the bland and plastic reception that one is used to from most check-in staff everywhere, but took pains to engage us personally.
The rooms are large with panoramic windows allowing in lots of natural light. The beds are comfortable and the linen, classical Marriott. A comfortable sleep is certainly on the cards. Our room was on a high floor and we did not find any ambient noise to disturb us.
The toiletries are adequate and the bathroom comfortably functional.
The patio outside reception, overlooking the river and riverside promenade is picturesque and an excellent place to catch a lazy coffee.
We missed breakfast so I can't comment on the fare or service, but did manage to have dinner in their only restaurant " Midtown Grill". The meal was well prepared and impeccably served.
There is a bus stop outside the hotel serving the hop-on hop-off city tour buses. The famous Trivoli park is a short distance away, which should be convenient for families. The hotel concierge service is very good and can arrange most tour related activities. We followed our concierge's suggestion and caught a great jazz and dinner evening.
Would I say again? Yes

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside view room on a high floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Puerto pollensa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here some nights now, and the hotel is well suited with nice spacious rooms. The bar and restaurant is keeping a high standard, without standing out as exceptional must drive to.

Location is not optimal for a private stay, however for business this is what you wish for and expect. Nice, clean, friendly, spacious and no nonsense.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

This location is used by tours and cruise ships coming to and from the Baltic. The hotel is large and the lobby at times can be chaotic with all the mass arrivals and departures....but they handle it well. The executive lounge had a decent break east and snacks at dinner time. You can walk to most places in the city from here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Copenhagen Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!