“A REAL Dutch Treat!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Copenhagen Marriott Hotel

Save Saved
You added Copenhagen Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Copenhagen Marriott Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kalvebod Brygge 5, Copenhagen 1560, Denmark (Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #17 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Atlanta GA
“A REAL Dutch Treat!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

As a lifetime Platinum member of Marriott I must admit I expect better than normal treatment but my experience in Copenhagen far exceeded my expectations. We got to the Copenhagen Marriott around 9:15am and not only were they ready for us, they upgraded our two rooms to the Royal Suite and a executive suite. I was told this was the same suite Obama stayed in (along with the entire top 2 floors of the hotel) for the Global warming conference held last year in Copenhagen. I asked if Bush ever stayed here they said (and I quote) "oh no The Bush's were INVITED guest and stayed at the Palace Residence" while that was quite funny what he actually meant was Obama was here when many foreign leaders were in attendance, Bush came as an invited guest of the Royal Family. The Hotel is right on a major city bus line, a 10 minute walk to city hall where each day a FREE walking tour of the city starts plus it is a five minute walk to Tivoli gardens. We stayed for a night while we were waiting to board our Cruise Ship....10 min cab ride. This is a very nice hotel with a great spa and right on a water way. Our room over looked the water way and in the distance you could see the famous spiral steppal church. The concierge lounge was open on weekends and had an excellent full breakfast. Bottom line this is an awesome hotel and virtually everything worth seeing is within walking distance or a short cab ride.

Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Ashland, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was in Copenhagen for 2 nights on business. The Marriott was not downtown but was right on the water about a 15 minute walk to downtown. The lobby was very nice, the bar lively as were the people who met me at the door and the front desk. The rooms are very spacious, very clean and the bathroom is larger than most European hotel rooms. I am a Marriott gold member so I have access to the lounge. The lounge is nice but not as living-room homey as many of the other Marriotts I've stayed in. And although the food was fair, the choices were limited. My only gripe was the price. I know Copenhagen is a very expensive town and most hotels are booked in the city for much of the summer and the Marriott is definitely not the most expensive hotel in the city, but with all that this was a bit much.

• Stayed June 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Last weekend I thought of visiting my local Marriott and maybe even be able to eat something. What a crazy and nonsensical idea that turned out to be! First, I repeatedly tried calling the restaurant to make a booking. The first few times I could just hear my call bouncing from one phone to another, on the last attempt after a few bounces someone just rejected my call and I got a busy signal. I really wish I had stopped right there. I dialed the number again and this time I chose the option “Personal assistance”. It turns out that at Marriott personal assistance means a rude, hardly speaking employee that will scold you for trying to make a booking. It went something like that:
Me: Hello, I would like to book a table for lunch today if possible, please.
Rude employee: No lunch today.
Me: OK what time does the restaurant open then, please?
RE: 12.
Me: so if it opens at 12, why can’t I book a table for lunch?
RE, sounding personally offended by my question: Today it is BRUNCH.
Me: ok, so can I book a table for BRUNCH?
RE: No. Fully booked.

RE: Hangs up.

Never again. Denmark is not particularly famous for the customer service, but this was just a whole another league of rudeness. In a hotel of that supposed quality the staff 1. Must speak proper English. 2. Must have modicum of manners.

We went to Hotel D’Angleterre and had an amazing lunch. Skip Marriott, peeps.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We enjoyed our two nights on the 8th floor overlooking the canal which was continually buzzing with watercraft large and small and people strolling walkways on both sides. If possible opt for a high floor on the canal side.......it's worth the upgrade.

PROs
Desk, restaurant and housekeeping staff encountered were uniformly professional, competent and responsive to our needs. Check in and out went quickly and flawlessly even with heavy traffic. Our room was large, stylish and well appointed and clean. Elevator lobbys on each floor are large, bright and with quiet seating areas.

In the restaurant we thoroughly enjoyed a wide variety of quality breakfast options. Dinner was superb and served in a very relaxing environment and tended to by a smiling and helpful waiter. My wife is a vegetarian and she felt the selections offered at all meals were very satisfying. The location of this hotel is certainly within easy walking distance of many major tourist destinations, shopping and restaurants. The gym is larger and with more machine / weight options then most comparable hotels I have used.

CONS
Did not find one on this trip

Room Tip: Opt for a high up canal facing room to enjoy the canal hustle and bustle. An upgrade here was worth...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very relaxing hotel with friendly arthmosphere. The rooms are very nice and if you choose a room to the waterside you have no street in front of you. If you want to look to the Tivoli with its fireworks you have to choose a room to the city. Try to get one as high up as possible.The restaurant is nice, they offer 3 different prices for breakfast so you may choose was fits your appetit.

Room Tip: Room to waterside because of view´.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip in May. Great location on the water, two blocks from Tivoli Gardens and another few blocks to the shopping and restaurants. Or you can walk across the bridge which is about .25 miles down the road to go to Christiania, etc. I had room service a couple times and got a huge piece of salmon, veggies, and crusty bread, which was tasty. Everything was clean and the people were friendly. The concierge lounge had breakfast every morning with plenty to eat, and happy hour wine and snacks in the evening.

I'd recommend this hotel for any stay in Copenhagen

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've now stayed at this hotel on a handful of occasions. The service is consistently good and the rooms are very well maintained, ample in size and comfortable.

The Executive Lounge has a great view across the city but is otherwise unremarkable. WiFi throughout is a must have and the lobby offers some useful spots for working.

Recommend you get a waterfront room on a high floor to enjoy the best views.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Copenhagen Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!