“Copenhgen Marriott” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Copenhagen Marriott Hotel

Save Saved
You added Copenhagen Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Copenhagen Marriott Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kalvebod Brygge 5, Copenhagen 1560, Denmark (Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #16 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Stockholm, Sweden
“Copenhgen Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Nice hotel , nice staff , excellent water front view !
One of the costliest in the area.
I requested for early check in but the request was not noted down , any way we have to just freshen up and go out to tivoli gardens so didn't matter much , we came back to hotel by 8:30 Pm and rooms were ready by than.

Room Tip: ask for a waterfront room at the price of city view , if its available they provide at the same cost...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was a lovely Marriott property but you would not have known you were in Denmark by the furnishings or style of the lobby. I was OK with that so not really a complaint. Nice outdoor area for drinks on the harbor. A pier/dock is currently being constructed. Area will look nicer once the construction cranes are gone. Initial check in was good - helpful desk clerk with a good suggestion for dinner. We stayed there one night and then went on a 7 day cruise. When we came back to Copenhagen we had one night on the Executive level and then 2 days on a lower floor. The clerk upon check in advised if we wanted to stay the whole 3 days on the Executive level to let them know and we would not have to move. We decided to do this since we enjoyed all the perks that came with this room. There was some confusion with the next desk clerk I spoke to about staying over. He thought I wanted to stay there at the same rate as we were going to pay for a lower floor room. I just wanted to know if the rate changed since we came in on a Sat and not checking out until Tues. He thought I wanted the lower floor room rate. I could not understand why he wanted to check with his mgr to see if we could stay. It was not until 2 days later when I asked to see our bill and saw internet on the charges that I understood what they thought I had asked. I spoke to the supervisor Sebastian who explained that it was cheaper to pay for internet than the actual rate on the room. I never could get him to understand what I had initially asked. He did not really seem to care in my opinion. He was helpful in getting our boarding passes printed though. I just found the women desk clerks much more friendly than the men we encountered during our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms either face the harbor or the city - can see a Tivoli Gardens ride from the city view. Rooms a...
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed there for three days and it was very average, typical big chain not real good service, very busy with buses and buses full of people probably going to take a cruise anyway, it was not wonderful or even close, also we ordered a hot dog for my son and for my surprise it was very "sophisticated" for a child, had to take all the sauces and stuff they put in so he can have a simple hot dog since in their children's menu had nothing child friendly. It was just ok. Also a bit far from the center. I almost forgot, they charge you for Internet and about 35€ per person for breakfast.

Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I always defuct one pt if a hotel charges for wifi. To me its like charging extra for hot water or electricity. this hotel has wifi for free in the lobby but charges in the rooms. C'mon guys. Stop nickel and diming your guests.

Went to the gym. Got on four stair master machines and could not find one with a working tv. One of them had used tissues stuffed in the cup holder and clearly had not been cleaned after the previous guest. i was there alone and for quite a while (1hr) and no one ever came to clean. After running out of stair machines, got on a bike that had a working tv. I would not have needed a working tv, except that there was no wifi at all in the gym )which is the basement) whether you pay or not. In this age of streaming media, this is not acceptable, especially in a gym and especially if you want to call yourself five star.

Final complaint. I had booked king bed, got two doubles, facing the city. Called down to get a king bed facing the water and was told I did not book a king bed. Ended up going down to the front desk to show them my reservation which luckily I had printed out, which clearly shows a request for king! Got no apology and was told there were no kings available, but that I could wait and unspecified amount of time for housekeeping to finish cleaning (it was now near 1pm) or take room facing the water with two beds. Being too exhausted after a long trip, I elected option two, but was not pleased.

Would expect better for the prices charged here.

• Stayed May 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Nice loactaion at Copenhagen harbor front. Good and spacious rooms. OK breakfast (but too expensive!).
But 2 problems:
1. Staff at reception and staff at breakfast restaurant is suffering from "big hotel syndrome": not giving a personalised good and engaged service! They don't make you feel at home here!
2. WiFi is free in entrance area - but in your room you have to pay 150 DKK per day (you can then use 6 devices, so that is OK) - but paying for WiFi in 2013 is not state of the art!! I know this is customary in expensive US hotels - but other wise you normally do not have to pay - and the vast majority of European budget and luxury hotels don't price you for WiFI any more. You don't have to pay for tap water in your bathroom - and so it should be for Wifi in 2013. I am going to arrange a big international conference in Copenhagen shortly - here we will just include "Free WiFi-hotels" in our option to the participants....

Room Tip: Ask for harbor view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have visited this hotel several times on business. It is situated a few minutes walk southeast of the city centre, the main railway station and the Tivoli Gardens. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I note some other reviewers have complained about the bathrooms being dated, but mine was fine and appeared to have been recently upgraded. The rooms on the southeast aspect of the hotel look over the water and those on the northwest back over the city. This hotel can be busy as it is used as a stopover for passengers about to depart from the nearby cruise liner moorings. However I have always found the staff extremely courteous and helpful. They all seem to speak English fluently. The restaurant offers an excellent breakfast and I have also enjoyed good lunches there. There is a bar in the lobby area which also serves food. The business centre is fine with a range of well equipped rooms and again helpful staff.

Room Tip: If you want a view over the water, you need a room on the Southeast side of the hotel. These rooms a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Really nice hotel, perfectly located close to downtown Copenhagen.
Rooms are well equipped and a really nice standard, good and solid breakfast with all you need. Copenhagen is a relly nice and clean city, a little expensive though but not much more than other european cities, a nice and safe city, with nice people if you visit on a holiday do it in in the summer, the winters get pretty cold

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Copenhagen Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!