“Fabulous hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

i wouldn't stay anywhere else in Copenhagen now. The staff were amazing on check in fixing a small problem and were incredibly helpful.
Great breakfast with a good range of stuff
Lovely refurbished rooms and very modern bathrooms
amazing location very central and near everything

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
PalaceHotelCph, Manager at Scandic Palace Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear stuartSydney,

Thank you very much for staying with us!

I am really happy to see you have enjoyed your stay with us, and hope whenever back in Copenhagen, you will visit us again!

Have a great summer!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I go to Copenhagen often on business and decided to "treat" myself to the palace hotel. Location is great however the customer service and value for what you get is poor. No one helped me with my bags upon entry, complained about some incidental inconveniences and there was no customer accommodation made. Good thing I know other places to stay that have a better value ratio. Good luck.

Room Tip: don't take the first room...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
PalaceHotelCph, Manager at Scandic Palace Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear KarlR,

Thank you for choosing Palace Hotel Copenhagen while visiting Denmark.

I sincerely regret, that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.

- We met shortly in the lobby, and I would once again try to explain why I was not able to discount your room rate, as well as offering the requested complementary breakfast.

You had booked your accommodation with us through a third party website, where the room rate did not include breakfast, which the website clearly mentions.

I can see you had booked a prepaid special offer, where in fact the actual room rate was lower than the rates we could offer in the period of your stay with us. By this, you actually did make a fair deal on that specific offer, even if we take the price of breakfast into consideration.

I hope this explains our way of acting in this case, and sincerely hope that you will reconsider staying with Palace Hotel Copenhagen again.

Please visit our website PalaceHotelCopenhagen.com for special offers, that also include breakfast.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

The hotel is about 10min to 15min walk from central station, depending on your walking speed. It is also conveniently located right next to City Hall and Tivoli (Tivoli was closed when my friend and I were there and supposed to reopen in mid April 2014). It is also right close to the shopping area and within walking distance to many attractions and Nyhavn.
Next to the hotel are KFC, Burger King and McDonald's which open til late if you want a night snack.

Room is done in a rather modern decor, which is nice. Note that the toilet and wash basin are separated from the shower area, in 2 cubicles across each other. There is only one hook to hang the towel but not clothes in the shower area therefore there is a need to dash back to the toilet to get dressed. The doors are glass with no locks. It can be a challenge and rather awkward if you share the room with a friend.

There is free wifi in the room and is a stable connection. However, there is a need to get a new login/password if you stay more than 3 nights.

Not a wide selection for the breakfast spread and no variation at all for the entire 5 days I stayed there.

Service at the reception can be improved, epecially for a particular staff, which I have forgotten to note her name. On one occassion, she sent my friend and I to a bus stop, which we only realised the bus has been diverted due to upcoming marathon in the area, after waiting for 25min.
The morning my friend and I were to check out and head to airport was the day of the marathon. The hotel did not make it a point to inform the guests. My friend and I only found out about the marathon and road closure when we asked the restaurant staff what was going on with the tents that have been put up. It was a good thing that my friend and I were up early and had ample time to check out and leave before the marathon started.
During check out, I asked the staff where will be a good place to get a taxi given the number of luggages. She was rather reluctant to help, suggested that she could try to call for a taxi which will pick us up at the side but will be hard to identify the taxi (really?! Wouldn't there be a car plate number to identify??). She could try, was what she kept repeating. Not that she will try. When asked which terminal is Singapore Airlines (I thought it was terminal 3 and wanted to confirm), instead of checking, her response was "I think it is 2." That with an unsure expression. I responded with a "You think.", followed by a pregnant pause and she added nonchanlantly "anyway the terminals are small." After a few more seconds of silence from me, then did she offer "I can check if you want."
Of course I want her to do that! That was my expectation right from when I asked that first question! I don't expect her to know which terminal from memory but I do expect her to check immediately or at least offer to check immediately if she doesn't know!
This was the same girl who sent my friend and I to the bus stop where that particular bus service was diverted!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear NomadicLass,

Thank you very much for staying with us as well as forwarding your feedback!

I regret to see, that we did not meet expectations, especially when it comes to full service delivery - we work intensively on securing great service experiences for every single guest, and for this reason I can only apologize we did not deliver this time!

I hope very much for your to return, in order to regain your trust in Palace Hotel Copenhagen.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Just returned from a two night stay at this beautiful hotel. Excellent location, very old with a modern twist to it. Cannot fault the room we had, lovely view over the square. There is maintenance work nearby, I think this is for the metro but we were not disturbed by any excessive noise. Plenty of choice for breakfast which should suit any appetite. Would recommend for any type of trip, business, couples, family etc.

Room Tip: Room located at the front
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear suech19,

Thank you for staying with us, as well as submitting your feedback!

I am very thankful to read, that your stay with us was a success, and hope you will be returning to Palace Hotel Copenhagen again soon!

I wish you a very nice summer!

Podgorica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is great. Owners should be aware of young professionals which give their best to meet requests of their guests. Special thanks goes to Ms Jette Rafn. I strongly recommend this hotel.
Velibor Milosevic, Montenegro

Stayed March 2014
Dear Velibor M,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback! I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will indeed pass on your positive comments about our staff!

I wish you a very nice summer and hope to see you back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I've stayed here before but with the extreme modernization of everything around, Copenhagens Palace Hotel from 1910 remains one of the best hotels in town without skimping on modern necessities.
The rooms are beautifully designed. The shower had frosted glass doors as did the seperate toilet. With the lights turned on in these rooms they gave the perfect lighting in the rest of the room.
Our room (307) had a balcony overlooking the square Raadhuspladsen. Right now there is a lot of building going on down there but with double balcony doors, we didn't hear a sound.
The shopping street Strøget is just around the corner and the entrance to the amusement park Tivoli is a 5 minute walk across the square.
Theres a bar/café down in the lobby with big comfortable chairs and even some regular tables and chairs. A "fireplace" mounted on the wall helped make for the perfect spot for a nightcap!
I love the atmosphere and friendly staff here and will definately be back again!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear D_Julio_Stockholm,

Thank you very much for visiting!

- And as well for sharing such detailed and positive feedback! I appreciate feedback of both kinds, however I am of course happy to see we have met your expectations!

I hope to see you back again soon, and wish you a great summer.

Edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here with my partner for a long weekend. Like many of the recent reviewers I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The location is perfect for sightseeing, very close to museums, the parliament, shops, lots of places to eat nearby. It is also just a 5/10 min walk from central station so very easy to get to the airport. Some staff were very friendly (such as those in the bar), others on reception less so. The hotel does have a lot of charm, for example we had a bright, modern room with a small balcony looking out onto the lure players statue.

However, during our stay there seemed to be a lot of maintenance work going on. Maybe we were just unlucky, but the first morning we were awoken by drilling above us. We could also hear the lift clunking throughout the night so earplugs were essential. Maybe these issues are to be expected in an old hotel but they did spoil our experience somewhat.

A few other niggles-

The iron in the room was very poor, even by hotel standards. Maybe it is time for the hotel to upgrade these. The kettle had seen better days too.

The shower and toilet were in different rooms which was fine, however the glass sliding door on the toilet did not fully close leading to a lack of privacy!

We had only one comfortable chair in the room, another by the desk was not good to sit on for more than a few minutes at a time.

Breakfast was only average for the price paid.

Overall, it was a convenient base but if we return to Copenhagen we would try a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Angela D,

Thank you very much for staying with us, and a well for sharing this valuable feedback!

I am very happy to read, that the service in the bar was friendly and welcoming, however equal as sad to learn, that this was not the overall impression!

We work hard to deliver each and every time, somehow unfortunately, we did not succeed this time for which I apologize!

In spite of your observations I still hope to see you back at Palace hotel Copenhagen - I will assure you, we can deliver much better!

Hotel Manager

Been to Scandic Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!