“Nice view” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Pori, Western Finland, Finland
“Nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotel has a good location near Tivoli. Shopping streets and even the Little mermaid, canals and king's palace are located in the walking distance. The hotel in very modern: maybe not the first choice for a romantic getaway. We stayed here partially because we usually stay at Scandic hotels in Finland.

We had a master suite at the top floor with the nicest view to the city center. Thee room was nice (quite an expensive one, too) but unfortunately the walls were like paper: You could hear normal talking voice trough them. A private elevator to the top floor was luxurious, it worked only with a master suite key card.

Hotel restaurant was nice surprise. Food and wines were excellent. Otherwise we couldn't have noticed that but because of the weather we decided not to wander around after the long walk during the day. It was totally worth it, even if someone may think it's a boring idea to eat at the hotel you are staying.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Tanja A, Guest Relations Manager at Scandic Copenhagen, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest.

First of all thank you for choosing Scandic Copenhagen during your last visit in Copenhagen.

I would also thank you for taking your time to make a review on tripadvisor.com.
Feed back is very important for us, so in that case we can improve our service and standards every day.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a room on our top floor, I can only agree that you have an unique view from there.
Reagrding the walls, I have taken that point further to me management & technician team, and they are working on find an solution.

Thank you for leaving a comment regarding your visit in our new restaurant, I will let the staff know you find the food & Wine excellent :)

I really hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you at our hotel again and maybe I will have the pleasure to meet you personally.

Tanja Andresen - Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Indonesian first
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I'd have given this 5 stars - high quality recent make over, great location, terrific views and location, excellent breakfast included in price, and restaurant food also good. However I switched rooms after my first night for a better view and accidentally left a couple of items behind. I asked reception on three separate occasions over the following days if they'd found the items (ie if the cleaner hadn't taken them for themselves) - every time they wrote my details down and failed to get back to me. Gave up in the end. Staff were very polite, but seemingly incapable of dealing with a simple problem!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest.

I am so pleased to hear that overall you find our hotel excellent and rated i with 4 out of 5 stars, I am glad that you where satisfied.

Although I really want to help on finding the items you left behind in the room your where moved from, it should be no problem to find the items, I am sure that maybe have been a mistake, so in that case our housekeeping has put the items in a bag in lost items storage.
It is not acceptable - and I apologize.

You are more than welcome to contact me directly - and I will personally try to find the items your missing.

Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The wooden floors resonate throughout the night. We had call reception for them to tell our neighbours to take off their high heels and man shoes while walking around their apartment. Felt like they were doing a marathon upstairs for hours!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest.

Regarding the wooden floors I have taken your comment to my management team here at Scandic Copenhagen, and we will find an solution, so that our guest, not will be disturbed by other guest having their shoes on.

Bellevue, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night in the refurbished Scandic Hotel on 7 September. This is a very big and imposing building in the centre of Copenhagen and conveniently situated for many attractions. Tivoli, for example, is easily within walking distance.

The hotel looks clean and fresh and our room was quite big. We were on a high floor and the view from our window over the city was pleasant enough. The twin beds were comfortable and the bathroom was excellent. However, the wall covering behind our beds was terrible, really ugly, and why this kind of decoration was chosen is beyong our powers of imagination! The small white bedside tables both wobbled and should be fixed. The hotel obviously doesn't expect its clients to stay any length of time because there is no proper wardrobe for clothes as such. There is only a cheap-looking rail attached to the wall which gives enough room for two or three jackets and that is about all (see picture). Strangely enough, there were lots of clothes hangers!! Three drawers are provided for storage. The chaise-longue (lounger) was pink and made a welcome splash of colour against the dark grey of almost everything else. The table/desk was simple but O.K.

Now we come to the worst part. The flooring is wooden and, although this looks very nice, if you have someone wearing what sounded like clogs pacing up and down in the room above for hours on end, you don't find it so nice. We got no sleep whatsoever. For this reason alone I don't think we would risk staying here again. A shame because, although it's only a 3-star hotel, reasonably priced and in a good location, it could be improved upon. Breakfast, on the other hand was really good with a wonderful selection of hot and cold dishes. Check-in was fine, check-out too. The lobby is very modern and quite interesting. We left with very mixed feelings about this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest.

I would also thank you for taking your time to make a review on tripadvisor.com and uploaded the nice pictures!

You mention some valuable points for me, which I will try to answer.

Regarding the wall paper, it is our meaning that we will take the amazing and wonderful views you have to the city and the lakes of Copenhagen, into the rooms.
If you take a closer look, you can see that the wall paper is pictures of Copenhagen :) You will find the Carlsberg Elephant, the famous real estate, and the Tower of the the city hall. Actually it is specially designed for Scandic Copenhagen - From Above.
I am sorry to hear you didn't liked the design.

Regarding the wardrobes, we are already working on have more space for hangers, normally we have 6 hangers in each room, I understand this has not been in your room - we know that if guest are staying for 1 week - the space is not enough for clothing, unless you would keep your clothes in our suitcase, placed on the baggage holder.

Although this being answered I am so pleased to hear that your check in/out went without any problems and you find the lobby very modern and interesting.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife had arranged for us to spend the weekend in Copenhagen and had left the hotel booking until the last minute.

We booked a double room in the Scandic Copenhagen hotel for two nights and overall we were not disappointed. Access to public transport to and from the Airport is excellent - the hotel is a 2 minute walk away from the train station and trains are regular. It's a tall building and if you're lucky, you'll get a nice lake & city view.

Overall the place is very clean, the staff are polite and very helpful, the foyer is very well presented with a cosy bar and restaurant and the breakfast was always very tasty with plenty to choose from (if a little crowded).

There are one or two things that stop me from giving this hotel a higher score.

Firstly, when we booked the room, we'd booked a double room, what we found is not what I would consider a 'double' room. It was a very small and narrow box room with what looked like a shrunken double bed. Whilst the lack of space in the room was a tad annoying - we'd have coped with it. It was the bed that did it for us. We looked at the bed, looked at each other and decided it was not going to work! We're average sized people, but we'd have had to sleep with arms by our side and without much movement. When we asked to upgrade, we were told that we could move into a suite for an additional 400 DKR per night. I asked if they had anything in-between as that was too much for the sake of two nights - but no, that is the next level up apparently. Clever up-selling? I certainly thought so. Never the less, the suite was superb and up to a very high standard.

Secondly - and a minor point - the Breakfast was a big free-for-all with hundreds of guests. But then this is most probably down to preference, it's not that there was anything wrong with it.

Room Tip: Be prepared for a space-saving double bed if choosing the standard double room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest.

You mention some valuable points for us, and you should know I have taken your suggestions to consideration and I will take them up for discussion in our management team here at Scandic Copenhagen.

Although I am glad to hear you find our staff very polite and helpful, it is so important for our guest to fell this :)

Regarding the breakfast area, we already know it is quite over crowded in the mornings, and we are working on a solution.

Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel and we had and okay stay. The lobby has been probably rebuilt recently, and it is quite nice. You can anyway see that the hotel is a bit old from the rooms and especially the bathrooms, not so nice. They have done quite a good effort in revitalizing this hotel, and this is of course appreciated. The beds have two very small pillows, plus an extra one. Really not enough for a couple and made the night not too comfortable. The breakfast was quite good, with many different choices, even if it tasted a bit as "school restaurant" food. The staff was nice and I appreciated their help. The location is quite central, even if not on the turistic side of the town. One thing I did not like with Scandic is their frequent stayer program. I have used them for many years for business trip and finally had enough points for a free week-end... almost! I mean, I missed only 1000 points on the needed 50.000 to get two free night, but it is not possible to pay partially with points and part in cash. So I had to book only one night and then moved to another hotel of another chain. Not so good for them in the end.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest.

You mention some valuable points for me, and you should know I have taken your suggestions to consideration and will take them up in our management team here at Scandic Copenhagen.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Five star recommendation because I do not miss anything. Complete.
Not a five star luxious hotel but feels like a very modern, stylish establishment.
Three adult ladies sharing a double room feels spacious and good.

• Stayed October 2012
Tanja A, Guest Relations Manager at Scandic Copenhagen, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking your time and make a comment on Tripadvisor.

We are always happy to get feedback, weather it's postive or negative, so we can improve our standard & service.

I am so pleased to hear that and your 2 friends where satisfied.

We will look forward to welcoming you at Scandic Copenahgen another time.

Scandic Copenhagen
Tanja Andresen - Guest Relations Manager

Been to Scandic Copenhagen? Share your experiences!